Did you mean: 

target SNR problem ...

bobbygeorge
Grafter

target SNR problem ...

@ plusnet staffers ...
any help is appreciated,
I have an issue with my SNR.
with 6dB being the target I always connected at 8124/448 with very few disconnects.
I was messing about with my connection about 3 months ago which obviously produced a lot of disconnects and as a result BT assumed I had a bad connection so interleaving was turned on and my target SNR raised to 15dB.
I contacted Plusnet when my connection was stable again and requested interleaving to be turned off again. It was and my connection has been fine with no disconnects at all.
The problem I have is I now cannot sync at anything over 5600 which is way below my original setup (8128/448). This seems to be because my target SNR is still at over 15dB, It never drops below this. I raised a ticket a while ago and was told that my connection speed would increase as my target SNR is reduced back to 6dB. This has not happened and my SNR remains at around 15-18dB which forces my connection speed down.
any ideas ..
19 REPLIES 19
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: target SNR problem ...

Raise a ticket if you haven't already, asking for your target SNR to be reduced. 
If you post the ticket number here, I'm sure Jameseh will pick it up.
I hear it's one of his favourite pet projects, getting a target SNR change out of BT.
It may take a few days more, but as long as you haven't requested an SNR change before then it should be done soon enough.
B.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

I raised a ticket on this very subject (ID : 23022777)
Basically asking for my target SNR to be reduced. I was told that it would reduce itself back to 6dB without any need for intervention by Plusnet, and the ticket was closed. Obviously this did not and has not happened.
can you look into this James ..
appreciated.
Not applicable

I believe the usual process involves James asking three times, being told by return that its not possible each time.
After that he escalates it a few levels, bangs his head on his desk - goes for a quick cuppa to calm down, then after some more virtual arm twisting - hey presto, the impossible is done!
As Barry says, its taken him a few days of to-ing and fro-ing in the past to get the changes actioned, but he seems to enjoy the process.....
James
Grafter

I think I'm going to change my name Smiley
Bobbygeorge - I'll try and have a look into this for you when I have a chance.  Things a little bit manic so far today.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

thanks James ...
James
Grafter

No worries.
You should have a flurry of ticket replies on your account now.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and from previous experience at least three responses from BT saying "no fault found" before they actually do what was asked
James
Grafter

Generally yes.
It normally takes a call to Wholesale and escalating to a Team Leader, which I'll generally do after 2 or 3 "FNFs".
Not applicable

I wasn't too far out then with my rather tongue in cheek estimate of the process. Wink
mcgurka
Grafter

No you werent, speaking to BT wholesale, is god awful. No offence to bt, but any kind of phone service that they do, be it CS, wholesale, OMD, they are all pretty rubbish.
@James, dont be afraid to be nasty... I always used to go with 'I know this isnt your fault...*but*...' Tongue
bobbygeorge
Grafter

thanks james,
just got your tickets
[quote=Jameseh]
It normally takes a call to Wholesale and escalating to a Team Leader, which I'll generally do after 2 or 3 "FNFs".
So I take it we can expect a few more 'no fault found' responses from BT before we make any progress
bobbygeorge
Grafter

any update on this James ...
I take it BT are still dragging their heels.
James
Grafter

Bizarre.
I replied to your ticket 5 minutes before you made that post!
bobbygeorge
Grafter

wow
spooky, just saw your ticket reply
thanks for that
you know what they say  'great minds think alike'  Grin