cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taking money from an account on DD that I DID NOT authoprise

jacksmummy
Grafter

taking money from an account on DD that I DID NOT authoprise

I am angry ONCE AGAIN !! quelle suprise.!!
PLUSNET have taken it upon themselves to take money from an account THAT ISNT MINE and that I DIDNT authorise!!!
how dare they do that .?? the account is my partners!!! he is so MAD! is it not ILLEGAL to take money from an account without AUTHORISATION?? it is SO OUT OF ORDER>>>!!!!  Angry im hopin that someone has the decency to explain ?Huh
16 REPLIES 16
leeanthony
Grafter

Re: taking money from an account on DD that I DID NOT authoprise

if u didnt authorise how did plusnet get the details in the first place? sounds like your own problem, ive changed my payment methods several times with no problems
jacksmummy
Grafter

they have taken it from card details given last month ! really helpful to tell me its my problem! there are no dds set up but they say the invoice is paid and succesful . after talking to the bank they have taken payment thru the CARD details not a DD !! so that is even worse !! that is totally WRONG !!!!!!! it is not even my card !!!!! someone tell me that is NOT illegal ?? !!! my partner is goin crazy !! PLUSNET are finished as far as im concerned i want out !!! this is the FINAL straw !!!!!!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am not going to comment on how or why it happened but there are a number of things you need to be aware of.
When you add a credit card to the account for payment it is deemed a "Continuous Authority" which means that Plusnet are entitled to take payments from it as and when they are due.
Normally a credit card is used to speed up the signup process and is then superceded by the direct debit. If the direct debit hasn't been setup or isn't working then the payment is taken from the card.
If, as you say, there are no direct debits set up how do you expect Plusnet to be paid other than by the card.
jacksmummy
Grafter

the card is NOT MINE ! the person whos money it is has NOT given any continuos authority at all!!!!! PLUSNET CANNOT take payments WITHOUT advising the person !!!!! The VERY reason I DO not have a DD with PN !! I have had NOTHING but hassle with this company!! customer services say i SHOULD HAVE taken the details off the system! so they couldnt use it !! THIS account is not even my partners !! he only helped me last month cos i was struggling !! IN EFFECT THEY HAVE STOLEN MONEY FROM HIS ACCOUNT! . I have googled this problem and it seems I am not the only one who has had this happen tot them!!!!! what world do we live in where companies can just do as they please...!! i have just been to morrisons and made a payment on a card... DOES THAT MEAN THEY CAN TAKE CASH whenever they want...? i have never heard such a ludicrous breach of a customers rights..!! Will someone PLEASE deal with this for me.? ! i want the whole thing cancelling ! If this is not resolved I will pay to take PLUSNET to the small claims court !!
reserved
Grafter

I'm a little confused, first you say that it's your partners card then you say it's not his account so who's account is it.
Presumably you gave details of this card for a payment to be taken, as Oldjim says if this is the only method of payment set up (ie. no Direct Debit details) then PN have no other means to take any money due to them.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You gave out Plusnet details of someone else's card card to Plusnet to pay a bill that you owed. I suggest you take a look in the mirror and see who is in the wrong here!
In your opinion, how were Plusnet supposed to take the money?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@jacksmummy If I was the card holder I would be asking you why you gave out my card details without my permission.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
leeanthony
Grafter

So lets try and make this clearer for you.
You signed up to a Plusnet product using your partners card, doing so you also signed up to a contract (depending on the product) and gave Plusnet payment details, which in your case was your partners card.
This automatically sets up a payment to be made monthly to that card, when you first signed up to whatever service it is you chose. This was when you authorised Plusnet to charge you monthly
What did you expect, A Plusnet rep to come to your doorstep with a card reader, to ask for your permission every month?
Dont be silly.
So when your saying you didnt authorise them, and you classing this whole thing as illegal, and now even threatening to take them to court.. Do you honestly not realise how stupid you sound?
- If you are NOT within the contract period, then simply cancel your service.
- If you are still within the contract, then you can pay off the remaining months in advance, and then cancel.
- Alternatively, login to the main Plusnet website and go to your payment details. Give your partner a break, and replace his payment details with your own.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:post Gentlemen, Can you please not jump in here any more. If you look at the previous posts from jacksmummy you will see that it isn't as simple as it seems at first glance and will need a direct contact from Plusnet to sort it out. mod:end
Lurker
Grafter

I'd disagree with your Mods note Jim (with respect)
There is nothing to indicate that PN are at fault in any way here in any of the comments posted thus far. (Although there may be some communication issues - but that isn't made clear)
A more useful comment might be to refer the OP to the billing email notifying the OP of the amount that would be collected, and the source of the funds.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're refunding the amount now and removing the card details, however that leaves the outstanding invoice to be paid. We'll put a ticket on your account advising of this so if you can update the ticket once you've added new card details we'll take the amount owing.
Sorry that you didn't find us taking the payment satisfactory, however we need payment details on an account and by adding them we receive continuous authority to take the monthly payments. We sent an email on the 20th to you advising that the payment was due on the 23rd.
The refund should be back on the card by tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jacksmummy
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) Gentlemen, Can you please not jump in here any more. If you look at the previous posts from jacksmummy you will see that it isn't as simple as it seems at first glance and will need a direct contact from Plusnet to sort it out. ]

Thanku for backing me up there!
jacksmummy
Grafter

I am done with this company. your practice is underhand and unethical and I have NO TRUST in how my personal detauls are abused !!! the speed of the BB is shocking  aliong side customer service ! I cnnot even get through to cancellations!  I want out from this shoddy company.! I will NOT be told I owe fees to cancel or that there are charges etc.! This would be an insult in light of all that has happened in such a small space of time since the 23 july! i have read how plusnet bully people who try to leave. I will not allow you to do that to me ! THe only reason I am posting on here is because it is the only place that actually responds to the customer.!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So all is clear.
You had not provided Plusnet with any alternative method of taking your regular monthly payments.
You had ignored the email advising you that a regular monthly payment was about to be taken.
Quite frankly, given your attitude I think Plusnet would be right to have NO TRUST in you and be happy to see the back of you!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)