Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync issue and broadband tester

flyer99
Grafter

sync issue and broadband tester

Hi
For the last week or 2 I have been seeing a drop of speed and have now noticed that after a few reboots my modem can no longer  sync at 8132Kb (8MB). It varies evey reboot and currently is 7360kbps but i have seen as low as 6000. Obviously this also plays havoc with my profile as it keeps changing Your current broadband speed is 6000 Kbps  Embarrassed
My line has always been sync at the max and I have never had an issue until now, 4+ years. Nothing has changed my end and I suspect a cable fault. This is a seperate line with no phones or extension wiring.
So i tried to use the plusnet broadband checker.
I checked my case staus this morning to see this
`Broadband Fault Checker - Initial checks [ Completed ]
All initial checks have been completed without finding any problems. You now need to visit the Broadband Faults Checker and complete a number of detailed checks to progress your fault further. Please make sure you do this within the next 48 hours, otherwise your Question will close and your fault won't be checked anymore.`

I return to the checker using the link and it says I have a case open and apart from the cancel button thats it. So how do I run the extra checks its mentions?
Regards
Nick
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: sync issue and broadband tester

I've just had a look at your account and it looks as though you've completed the fault report now and you've had a reply from our faults team. Hopefully the information they've given will help, if not simply respond to the ticket through the help area of the website and we'll pick it back up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
flyer99
Grafter

Re: sync issue and broadband tester

Hi
Thanks for the update. I will monitor for another week and see if i can get back my max stable rate of 8132
As currently I am taking an approx 2MB hit
BIP Interface Data 
  Current line rate    Line rate change timestamp    Maximum Stable Rate Recalcuated    ProfileTimestamp            Maximum Stable Rate
    6000                        2008-08-25T09:22:59                                          N                                    2008-08-24T10:04:00                      8128

Regards
Nick