cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync dropping every few minutes.

davyando06

sync dropping every few minutes.

Can any 1 help cuss the guys at plusnet ant got a clue, the bt engineer has been out, again, and still same. Where I live now I can only get adsl. At random times of day the modem misses and reboots itself, it keeps going and going for no reason and then starts up as normal. Has any1 had these problems cuss it started about 5 month's ago and still happens now.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: sync dropping every few minutes.

Quote from: davyando06
At random times of day the modem misses and reboots itself, it keeps going and going for no reason and then starts up as normal.

Are you rebooting the router or is it rebooting itself?
I've just had a look over the ticket and from what I can see we've been investigating this as a dropping connection, but if the router is rebooting that's something else altogether.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
davyando06

The router re boots itself randomly, sometimes every 3 min but mostly every 8 min. It's when the wife goes on Facebook and I'm on ps3. I've reset everything to factory settings but no joy.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Is it when a certain device connects to your router when it does this? It may be worth disconnecting all devices connected to your router(ethernet and wireless) and then connect them one by one to see if it's a specific device causing this.