cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to plusnet

fanta

switching to plusnet

Hi There,
im thinking of switching back to plusnet based on the overnight restrictions being dropped. But just before i run off and get my MAC code I want to have a monthly contract otherwise plusnet can change whatever they feel like after the first month.  This is one of the biggest plusses of being with pipex, plus pipex have no restrictions at any time although the speeds have started to fluctuate lately. The other point for changing back to plusnet was the cost benefit and the broadband phone feature (not sure actually how good that is though Smiley  )
any advice?
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: switching to plusnet

Hi there,
You seem to have made a number of statements without actually asking any questions Smiley
Is there anything that I can help you with?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

All PlusNets residential products have a monthly contract.
That's the only question I could assume from the post. If there are any specific questions you want answers to please state what they are?
hulls
Grafter

The broadband phone (VOIP) is useful ( I get 240 "free" minutes for a start).
Although I should say that although it's ok my end, usually the people I'm speaking to complain that it's very quiet.  This has been commented on elsewhere, but there doesn't really seem to be an answer to it.
I use a USB phone, and it wasn't hard to set up, once I'd found which of the three available Free-online guides I needed.
I would say that on the whole Plusnet is a good choice just for the quality of customer service.
John
hulls
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
Quote from: hulls
Although I should say that although it's ok my end, usually the people I'm speaking to complain that it's very quiet.  This has been commented on elsewhere, but there doesn't really seem to be an answer to it.

Daft question, but have you tried changing the microphone volume in the audio properties on your computer?

Yep.  the volume on the USB phone microphone, and the computer end are up full.  I even turned off automatic Gain control, in case that was set too low.
John