cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sudden speed drop - not happy

drrlolvr123

sudden speed drop - not happy

Hi,
from yesterday we have had a sudden drop in speed from being stable at between 6-7mbps down to 1.5mbps for the last couple of days, BT speedtest says that the line is capable of 8mbps and my router gives the following results which suggests the line is good but running speedtests give 1.5mbps download, Please can someone take a look and get it back running as it should
                                        UP          DOWN
Current Rate (Kbps) 448         8128 Kbps
Max Rate (Kbps)         1284 10496 Kbps
SNR Margin (dB)         26         14.4 dB
Line Attenuation (dB) 2         5.7 dB
Errors (Pkts)                 0         0
4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: sudden speed drop - not happy

Hi and welcome to the forums,
I cannot see any problems with your account. Please ensure you are using a wired connection for testing, and also reboot the router (after you've logged into it to disconnect).
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
drrlolvr123

I have been using a wired connect, And am experiencing problems  again, tonight we are getting under 1mb download speeds and for the last week they have been regulary below 2, the only day where I saw speeds close to normal was when you replied saying you could not see anything wrong.
also getting stupidly high pings of over 200ms which I have never experienced before
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We need to know if the sync rate changes. Your line stats at the time of the problem will give us those answers. Please get us the line stats at the times of the problem, along with a throughput test (www.speedtest.net) and we'll be able to advise further. You can also raise a fault report at faults.plus.net .
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Just to add, the details required are in OldJim's sticky at the top of the page.
If raising a fault report, we'll need the results from the BT test site at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ .
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team