cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still no broadband day 38

warrengreen

still no broadband day 38

I know I have posted in a previous topic but i wanted to bring to attention the fact i have been waiting on broadband since 4th october.  I placed order on 4th phone line was installed a week later I was then told broadband will be a furthur week.  since this time I have been constantly lied to being told it will be tomorrow or next week.  Today after 2 failed attempts to activate I have been told I cannot get broadband.
Mark in the house moves department has been nothing but helpful in keeping me up to date , pity the same cant be said for cancellations anytime I have tried to cancel my order I have been palmed off saying they cant do it due to the fact it might complete the next day (rubbish).
Now after everything they wont refund money I paid for a line install because the engineers came out.  I paid the 49.99 to get broadband installed which has not happened.  I think the fact I have waited over a month now there should be no doubt that this should be refunded since I have not got the service and cannot get the service I paid for.  If I am wrong please explain why.
Also does Plus net have any sort of head office I can contact or is offcom the only route I can go down ?
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: still no broadband day 38

Was the phone order solely to be able to get broadband?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
warrengreen

yes i dont use the home phone at all the phone line was installed just for broadband simply because i had no other option but to take the phone line
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you got a handset plugged in and if so have you made or received any calls (other than to/from Plusnet)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
warrengreen

I have made three calls to plusnet due to said issue, this is only time handset has been plugged in and definetly no calls received as i havent even given anyone that number.
looking at it now i probably shouldnbt have used it to phone plusnet but my mobile is pay as you go so didnt want to sit on it for ages.  even still the service i signed up for was never provided in my opinion i should be refunded the 49.99.  even if legally they dont have to as a customer service issue you would think they would refund it.  The think is the guy in house moves told me he would speak to cancellations to sort the refund then put me through , so really a plus net employee agreed to the refund as well.
I know 49.99 isnt alot but its the principle they have taken money for something they didnt supply
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi warrengreen,
I have dropped a ticket onto your account with some options for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

p.s. can you let me know when you've replied to the ticket.
warrengreen

thanks for your help I have now replied
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi warrengreen,
I have responded back to your ticket,
Thank you.
Jojo Smiley