cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still no broadband are BT closed over the weekend

crobertbailey
Grafter

still no broadband are BT closed over the weekend

Hi I have an open ticket regarding this but wondered if bt work weekends or will it be Monday before this even updates, don't want to post on the ticket
39 REPLIES 39
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: still no broadband are BT closed over the weekend

I'm afraid your post didn't really convey much information, so I had a quick look at your previous posts to see if that provided anything of any use. I discovered 4 different threads which all seem to be related to this problem. It will help you more, if when you start a topic you keep all related matters in the same thread, even when it's a different aspect, so that anyone looking can get an overall picture quickly.
Not sure why you don't want to post on the ticket, but what's the latest information on it? The Plusnet DCT don't respond on here over a weekend, but that doesn't mean that BT or Faults are or are not doing anything!
So, can you say what modem/router you have connected and is the DSL light lit, green and steady?
crobertbailey
Grafter

Sorry didn't know how this all works with the tickets, I had my phone kine connected on the 5th and was told that my internet would be up and running by the 6th if not completed by the 5th.
So since then I have had to call up everyday to be told that there is a problem with BT and it should be working in 24 hours eexcept last Friday I was told 72 hrs.
So as I am still waiting I just wondered if there was any chance of getting switched on over the weekend or will I need to wait till Monday.
Thanks
Anotherone
Champion

Ah, ok let's start with some basics. In case you don't know "Ticket" is the same thing as "Question" in the member centre.
Have you been logging into the member centre to look at your Questions/tickets? But apart from which you should have been getting emails advising of updates to tickets, have you been getting any?
Is a modem/router connected to your line at the moment, what make/model is it & is it switched on?
If it's on & connected, what lights are lit, what colours are they, are they steady or flashing?
crobertbailey
Grafter

Hi thanks, no wasn't getting any updates till I phoned yesterday and got them to manually update me via txt messages ( don't know how you are supposed to check tickets about no internet when you need internet to check them :-S ).
So was supposed to have a manager call me that didn't happen also had 2 call backs that didn't happen, as far as I can work out I have the supplied technicolor TG582n connected to 1 pc and all lights are green except the internet one I have logged in with a rep talking me through and it appear that BT haven't passed my login details yet, so it appears that I am waiting nearly 12 days for them to switch me on.
All that seems to happen is that it's escalated every few days
Anotherone
Champion

If all the lights are Green apart from the Internet one, has anyone asked you to check your login information on the modem/router?
See here for guidance http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-setup-guide.shtml#getOnline
If there is no log on details you need to add them in the form yourusername@plusdsl.net . The password is as per your account password.
If you get the 582n modem/router login page see http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-faqs.shtml#logon if you aren't sure how to do that and then go to the Broadband connection details and check your account information has been entered.
crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks can login using the admin set up can also log in using the link you suggested but still nothing I logged in with details that a rep gave me with test and bt in there and that's when they said it was at bt's end not confirming my log in details
Anotherone
Champion

Try putting your own login details in and see what happens. Are you leaving the modem/router on 24/7?
crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks, router has been on now for12 days with a reboot every day to check if any update, have tried logging in as xxx@plusdsl.net with my password and keep getting authentication failed indirect login details
Anotherone
Champion

I'll see whether I can find out if something can be done, this is a bit poor to say the least.
crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks it's just a bit disheartening that all I get is it should be fixed in 24 hrs then you phone up and are told its not and it will be escalated.
I wouldn't have minded if I had been told that it would be a week or two then wait but they say it should be through but don't know why noy
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Can you connect with either of these test usernames?
bt_test@startup_domain (any password)
bt_test_user@plusdsl.net (also any password)
crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks tried these days ago with the same results first one connects okay second one fails
Anotherone
Champion

The second one seems to be failing for everyone at the moment, well at least it did for me last time I tried and a few others had the same result, so I don't necessarily think that is connected (pun not intended). What are you using to post at the moment?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I'm really sorry for the delay with this. Leave this with me and I'll have a check to see what's happened here. You'll hear from me tomorrow at the latest.