cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start up internet opens on BT

brianber123

start up internet opens on BT

For the past 10 days when I start up my computer the internet loads, same time period as always, and I find that I am connected to BT. I have to change it over to Plus Net. My adaptor is an Asus 802.11ac and the signal  strength is good or excellent.. I see that the radio type is 802.11n. I am on PlusNet fibre optic. As I open up wireless  details I have seen ( just now) that I have 2 BT wireless connections nearby and I looked at their properties. It states for  them to connect automatically and I have deleted the tick in these boxes. It looks as though I may have solved the problem just on writing this email. Smiley
1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: start up internet opens on BT

Hi Brainber123,
Yes stronger non preferred wifi networks can be a real pain.  Another thing you can do is to change the order of the wifi networks - put the PlusNET one at the top of the preference list.  Different versions of windows do this in slightly different ways.  Look for "manage wireless network".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.