cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssssssssssssssssllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwww

krs181067
Grafter

ssssssssssssssssllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwww

my broadband is slower than slow, its so slow, its like a really slow snail, or maybe, something slower!
ticket raised, testing ongoing, i've had to chase comments from plusnet.
is this something to do with the fact i'm approaching my 10g limit?? i'm told no!
The speed is disappointing and just a touch frustrating cus i've just updated to extra (from tomorrow) and getting plusnet phone from the 10th.
come on plusnet, its normally so reliable with you, slow but reliable
kel
12 REPLIES 12
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: ssssssssssssssssllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwww

Quote from: krs181067
is this something to do with the fact i'm approaching my 10g limit?? i'm told no!

If it's so slow, how did you manage to download enough to be approaching your 10G limit???
MyNameIsRay
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
Quote from: krs181067

If it's so slow, how did you manage to download enough to be approaching your 10G limit???

Clearly he means that it is slow at the moment but not normally.
Anyway I have the same problem. Since several hours ago my connection has went ridiculously slow.

It is pretty annoying ^_^ I also opened a ticket, hopefully it gets sorted soon.
krs181067
Grafter

normally the speed is 0.5, then it jumped to 0.7 a week ago when I switched to adsl2+.
two days ago a steady 0.1, fantastic!
The speed is still slow this morning, and still nobody from plusnet has updated the ticket without being prompted even to say the tests are still inconclusive.
kel
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Presumably your ADSL2+ is having teething troubles.  It would have been a good idea to mention the switch one week ago in your first post. 
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@MyNameIsRay and krs181067
I'll have a look at both your accounts now, bear with me...
Edit 1 @krs181067
You're on an incredibly long / poor quality line (70dB attenuation) with consistently low syncs and low profiles assigned in line with this. Is your router currently in the master socket? If so, please move it to the test socket and I'll retest. If you're not in the master socket then please move the router then and again, I'll retest.
In addition, some customers on longer lines have had some success forcing their router to sync on ADSL2 (as opposed to ADSL2+) via tools such as DMT. Are you able to do this and report back?

Edit 2 @MyNameIsRay
I can see from your ticket that this is now fixed, you had a low profile applied due to a one-off slow connection but you're now back up to your normal 7150kbps profile and have throughput to match.
krs181067
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
Presumably your ADSL2+ is having teething troubles.  It would have been a good idea to mention the switch one week ago in your first post. 

I may not have mentioned it here BUT i have mentioned on my ticket AND during the 4 telephone calls I've had with plusnet, I've also mentioned the fact that I'm changing my  landline to plusnet.
krs181067
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
@MyNameIsRay and krs181067
I'll have a look at both your accounts now, bear with me...
Edit 1 @krs181067
You're on an incredibly long / poor quality line (70dB attenuation) with consistently low syncs and low profiles assigned in line with this. Is your router currently in the master socket? If so, please move it to the test socket and I'll retest. If you're not in the master socket then please move the router then and again, I'll retest.
In addition, some customers on longer lines have had some success forcing their router to sync on ADSL2 (as opposed to ADSL2+) via tools such as DMT. Are you able to do this and report back?

Edit 2 @MyNameIsRay
I can see from your ticket that this is now fixed, you had a low profile applied due to a one-off slow connection but you're now back up to your normal 7150kbps profile and have throughput to match.

This is strange
I have tested my speed, again very slow at ~) 0.2. I use the master socket in the house and there are no additional extension lines attached( a problem I have had in the past), the master socket cover has been removed and I've plugged into the test socket. Speed now 0.7, back to normal. I have replaced the master socket cover and used as it was with slow speeds, speed 0.7!
It seems to have solved itself by disconnecting the router to the phone line.
Next point, I'm now a extra customer as of today, I was told that my speed will increase using this package, I'll wait and see.
I would also like to understand more about the DMT tool, can you advise?
kel
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is your router supported http://dmt.mhilfe.de/
krs181067
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Is your router supported http://dmt.mhilfe.de/

my router is a a belkin f5d8633-4 n-wireless, if that helps.
sadly I'm struggling with the german link
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

It's a bit fractured bit might thishttp://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://dmt.mhilfe.de/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4...  help?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't think it does as I think they changed the chipset from the 7633 which was Broadcom
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's a shame. Some routers will also allow you to choose to modulation directly (ADSL2 or G.992.3 is what you want) so you could have a dig through the configuration pages. I wouldn't expect the change to Extra to affect your speeds at all.