cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

squirrelmail formating of html

gbhall
Grafter

squirrelmail formating of html

I receive a regulat email from a site, which comes as html. The actual format is <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
Yet I never see the conent properly format in webmail, only when I download it to my PC via Outlook express.
Am I missing some setting, or does squirrelmail not understand TML 4.01  ?
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: squirrelmail formating of html

In SM have you tried going to >Options>Display Preferences & look under Message Display and Composition and set Show HTML Version by Default: to Yes.
Regards.
Edit: Don't forget in the Header at the top of the message there is an Options: line where you need to select View Images if any are hidden.
gbhall
Grafter

Re: squirrelmail formating of html

yes, I tried those options before posting my query. They are already set as you suggest and I ought to have mentioned that.  I should also make clear that other similar types of 'advisory' emails that I subscribe to appear perfectly formatted, just as in Outlook Express or indeed as in any browser. The only one that does not is this particular thing, called 'vnunet.com Downloads Newsletter for 12 September 2008'. Examining the email body, it starts
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">=0D
=0D
<html>=0D
=0D
<head>=0D
=0D
<title>Downloads Newsletter</title>=0D
=0D
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">=0D
=0D
<style>=0D
    img { border:none; }=0D
    a:link { text-decoration: none; }=0D
    a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color:#999; }=0D
.reeware {font-family: arial, tahoma}=0D
</style>=0D
=0D
</head>=0D
=0D
=0D
<body style=3D"margin:0; padding:0 0 0 0; color:#000; font-size:12px; font-=
family:arial,tahoma; background-image:url(http://www.vnunet.com/images/vnu/=
picPageBackground.png); background-position:50% 50%; background-repeat:repe=
at-y;">=0D
=0D
I notice that images require a url lookup to the originator, but there is nothing unusual about that. I cannot see why the thing should not display correctly with or without the images. Instead what I get is plain, unformatted html as I have included above.