cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed

geordiemick

speed

Its boxing day.  I normally get 17mb but today its 7.  I haven't checked speed for ages. i turned router on off- no difference. contacted plusnet chat.  he said no problems their end; submit a request for check.  but i dont have another router to check with, and dont fancy paying.  BT check says all ok.
can it be heavy useage by others in street?  guess i'l wait a few days and check again or check in early morning.
by the way, reason i checked speed was i get some sound probs on Now TV box; sometimes sound fades
3 hours later... just checked speed again; now 14mb.  glad i didnt agree to a check i'd have to pay for. Its ridiculous; wht didnt plusnet just tell me to check speed again in a few hours!
any ideas why it goes slow?
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: speed

glad i didnt agree to a check i'd have to pay for. Its ridiculous

What check you'd have to pay for?
It's only if the fault gets to the stage of sending an engineer out and they find the issue is caused by your equipment/setup that any charge would be applied.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geordiemick

Re: speed

well there was something wrong somewhere, but not with my equipment!   Why should the speed vary so much and your representative have no idea!
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
What check you'd have to pay for?....  I dont know; thats the problem.  Your page said if BT cant find fault then I could be charged (the assumption then being the fault must be with my equipment).