cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed?whats going on NOW with plusnet

mcgoo
Grafter

speed?whats going on NOW with plusnet

So after last years snail like speeds i got sorted out and everything was tickety boo.For the last 8 months i have been getting speeds of up to 6mbps and averaging 4.4 mbpsThis last week every speed test is down to 2.1mbps?? Huh
Nothing has changed at my end,i have rebooted the router but it so much slower?............Why
25 REPLIES 25
James
Grafter

Re: speed?whats going on NOW with plusnet

Hi there,
I've tried calling you this morning, but unfortunately there was no answer on your landline.
The reason why your speeds have dropped is not actually being caused by PlusNet, but obviously as a customer of ours it is our responsibility to investigate and suggest possible fixes, which I have been doing and will be doing respectively Smiley
Your sync speed (which is the speed at which you connect from your modem/router to the exchange) has dropped drastically to 2816Kbps and as such BT have applied a profile of 2000Kbps against your line.  We have mirrored this at our end.  Now, something will have caused this sudden drop in speed.  What I would suggest you do first is to ensure that your modem is connected directly to your master socket via a filter.  Also try replacing this filter and ensuring that all of your telephone sockets are filtered.
Do this and I'll then run some further tests.
mcgoo
Grafter

Quote from: James
Hi there,
I've tried calling you this morning, but unfortunately there was no answer on your landline.
The reason why your speeds have dropped is not actually being caused by PlusNet, but obviously as a customer of ours it is our responsibility to investigate and suggest possible fixes, which I have been doing and will be doing respectively Smiley
Your sync speed (which is the speed at which you connect from your modem/router to the exchange) has dropped drastically to 2816Kbps and as such BT have applied a profile of 2000Kbps against your line.  We have mirrored this at our end.  Now, something will have caused this sudden drop in speed.  What I would suggest you do first is to ensure that your modem is connected directly to your master socket via a filter.  Also try replacing this filter and ensuring that all of your telephone sockets are filtered.
Do this and I'll then run some further tests.

The modem is connected to the master socket,i have changed microfilters as suggested.There are and has been no change at my end to make the speed drop?The Router is working fine.
  from 5.9 kbps to now 1.8kbps? Huh
James
Grafter

Hi there,
As discussed earlier, hopefully this should now be fixed.  Please do shout up if you have any further problems.
mcgoo
Grafter

well got a call from plus net about this problem,just like to say i was most impressed with the customer service now being provided compared to last year.Spoke about the problem and it is being monitored although my speeds haven't returned yet i will give it a week before getting back but praise where praise is due and hopefully PN will keep up the good work!! Grin
mcgoo
Grafter

now down to 114kbps.somebody do something.
i am connected to the main socket and i have changed filters,i have rebooted daily ,i have tried keeping the router connected for three solid days,i have un plugged the router.The set up where i was getting 6000kbps has not been changed,nothing altered and nothing added.memories of last year come flooding back when PN said its not us ?one things for sure i wont be paying £30 per month for 114kbps
FooAtari
Grafter

Not sure if there is a problem but my speeds are awful toight.  Just did a speed test 100kbps.  Noramlly 4400ish
Delves
Grafter

Yep
My speeds are only just better than an ISDN2e single channel. I'm getting pressure toswitch provider by my son as he's having real trouble playing Halo 3. His mates on Sky and never seem's to have these problems.
David
karmi
Grafter

Yep seems everyones getting the shaft tonight and considering I had the same problem 2 weeks ago (Lasted for a whole week) its probably time to consider changing ISP's.
I cant fault Plusnet's service, when theres a problem they are very helpful and sort it out, reply to tickets at all hours and are fantastic but the problems that keep presenting themselves every week is just ridiculous.
Fix a problem and its back in 2 weeks.. Come on guys!
James
Grafter

Hi guys,
As per the other thread we've seen a number of complaints in here over the last couple of days.  It is possible that this is related to the recent release of Halo 3 causing high amounts of traffic in Gold and Titanium.  Needless to say that we'll be investigating over the course of today and will endeavour to have things back to normal as soon as possible.
mcgoo
Grafter

Just went through the fault process.
he results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found
According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.
Kind Regards,
Customer Support
Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 11:00am, Monday 1st October 2007
This ticket has been returned to the customer for their attention
Your comment 11:35am, Monday 1st October 2007
What,no speed is within and acceptable
this is getting more and more like last years debacle.this time i wont be staying if it is. Huh
James
Grafter

Hi there,
The fault checker returns 'none found' when it is unable to locate any speedtest results that you have run.
Looking at your profiling and sync speeds there isn't anything obviously wrong with your connection, but may be related to the issues that we have been seeing over the weekend.  We are investigating as previously mentioned.
mcgoo
Grafter

ok, thanks for the reply.please keep us updated
James
Grafter

Hi Mcgoo,
We're fairly certain that some of the slowdowns being experienced on Sunday were down to a large exchange going lala in Glasgow on Saturday (or was it Friday?).
We've also just added an additional 155Mbps segment of central capacity to equate for our growth since our last addition, so hopefully this will alleviate any other capcity concerns.
Please do shout up if you have any further problems.
mcgoo
Grafter

three weeks now and still no answer as to why my speed has dropped from 6000kbps to 1300kbps.Done all the tests,rebooted,kept the router on and changed the filters.Keep getting fobbed of .Looks like i will have to look at another provider as i remember last year when pn were messing around and blamed everything and everyone before admitting it was they who slowed the speeds down. Sad