cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed moaners

andymelv

speed moaners

Hands up who's sick of people moaning that their only getting 35mb speeds when their meant to get 38mb speeds.
try having to settle for less than 2mb speeds.
i would be over the moon if i had a speed of 10mb+.
Rather than trying to get people their full speed plusnet should be concentrating on us unlucky customers who have less than 5mb speeds.
Be greatful that you have 10+mb speeds.
6 REPLIES 6
RadioJoe

Re: speed moaners

I would be pleased with 2mb! Unfortunately our speed is so low we struggle with most things others take for granted. Out exchange shows its ready for fibre but we live down a lane and I cannot see things changing for us. I am thinking of installing a Tooway satalite system.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I don't blame people wanting the best speed their line is capable of but I do wonder if there is that much difference between 35Mb and 38Mb? Do you really notice a difference?  
I'm quite lucky compared to some I get about 4.5Mb and find that in the main an acceptable speed for general browsing and emails and even watching utube, tho' I don't game.
Of course I expect once a speed of 35Mb is tried 4.5Mb would seem extremely slow.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: RadioJoe
Out exchange shows its ready for fibre but we live down a lane and I cannot see things changing for us.

The fibre installation uses your existing telephone lines from your house to your FTTC enabled cabinet so you won't have to have anything dug up as long as you're within range of the cabinet / exchange when enabled.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: RadioJoe
I am thinking of installing a Tooway satalite system.

I don't know if this is indicative of Tooway in general but you may be interested in this: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/4249489-avonline-tooway-skylogic.html?vc=1
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
SuperZoom
Grafter

Quote from: andymelv
Hands up who's sick of people moaning that their only getting 35mb speeds when their meant to get 38mb speeds.
try having to settle for less than 2mb speeds.
i would be over the moon if i had a speed of 10mb+.
Rather than trying to get people their full speed plusnet should be concentrating on us unlucky customers who have less than 5mb speeds.
Be greatful that you have 10+mb speeds.

There doesn't seem to be a question or contribution of worthwhile information here.
Nor, indeed, an expectation that PlusNet could technically take any action at all which might succeed in raising the OP's sync speed from sub 2Mb to over 10Mb.
Perhaps this thread should be moved to chit chat?
valart
Grafter

I average about 8mb I was told by the engineer who put a new plate in that not to exspect much more because of the distance from my exchange,this is fine for me the only thing I am unable to stand is line drops which happens not very often thank goodness when this happens it reconnects quickly.