cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed issue

cyclopops
Dabbler

speed issue

over the last couple of days i have had noise on my line, which turned ot to be a faulty phone.
when i checked my broadband speed yesterday i was only geting 3014 Kbps according to the BT speedtester, normally i get full speed for my connection rate "Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)"  Saturday 00:32 6736 kbps (842kB/s) 381 kbps (47.6kB/s)
but it is showing my  IP Profile for my line is - 3500 Kbps, where up to the line issue was 7150, how can i get back to this asap?
cheers
8 REPLIES 8
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: speed issue

Hi cyclopops,
your line just needs to stay stable. Don't be tempted to reboot, and if it's still the same in the morning, give me a shout and I'll see if there's anything I can do.
Jojo Smiley
cyclopops
Dabbler

back to normal, dont know if you did anything jojo, but thanks anyway
Today 06:07 6727 kbps (841kB/s)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, didn't do anything, just needed to wait for the profile to lift. Smiley
cyclopops
Dabbler

well 7 days later, and its done it again, my IP Profile for your line is - 3000 Kbps, and my speed has dropped to 2920 kbps (365kB/s), so basically twice in about a week, i do hope this is not going to be normal service, i have come from a service that was very reliable (never skipped a beat in the 3 years i was there).
i have rebooted my router this morning, and right away i am back to DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps, i know you will say not to do that, but its the only way of quickly getting my router to get to that connection speed (last time i left it a few days and it stayed at 3500 profile)
as a little bit of extra info, my phone line was due to switch over from BT to plusnet yesterday, could this have caused this issue?
i also noted last night the my SNR was 22, when normally it is around 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure whether that could have caused it. Are you using any extension cables/sockets for your router connection?
cyclopops
Dabbler

no, my router goes straight into the face plate, (filter inbuilt)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well just keep an eye on it and let us know if it goes funny again Smiley
cyclopops
Dabbler

will do
thanks