Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed fault and chronic banding

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

speed fault and chronic banding

I recently reported a download speed fault prior to an engineer visit i was told it was a line fault and that it was corrected , I spoke to Bill in the faults department who told me my line was on chronic banding  which had to be manually lifted  which he did and reprofiled my line at about 5mbps  which would give me about 4.5/4.6mbps  my line was put on a training reset which would fluctuate over 10 days  which ends  on monday  ,my speed over the last days has never go over 2.5mbps  ,is this normal  and can I expect my download speed to increase by monday to what would be the set speed
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: speed fault and chronic banding

Hi hooverman,
It sounds like part of the work Bill did to remove the cronic banding hasn't taken effect, namely the SNR reset.
I've just submitted another so you should hopefully see some improvement to this in the next few days as this should re-start the line training process.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: speed fault and chronic banding

thanks Adam hopefully it resolve my speed issue , I have been very happy with plusnet up to now although I feel this has been a issue with BTOR  network