Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed drops - when did people notice?

zippy666
Grafter

speed drops - when did people notice?

Hello
Have seen quite a few posts about speed drops in this forum.
just wondering when did you notice this?
mine started on the 19th november.
thanks
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: speed drops - when did people notice?

Hi Zippy,
I'd say that I've been seeing posts like this since March 31st, 2006.  This is the date when IPStream Max was launched.  You may not believe it, but it's actually a hell of a lot better than it was!
It's a niggly product and the sync blips and flapping line issues we see a lot of cause a number of problems.  You're not being affected by this and I'm not sure what the root cause of your problem is, but since the implementation of IPStream Max, there have been considerably more speed problems, partly due to every ISP marketing this as an upto 8Mbps product, despite only about 50% being able to see 4Mbps or more.
zippy666
Grafter

yep is is a bizarre problem.
hopefully the fault checker will show whats up.
if not, not sure what to do Sad
lingbob
Grafter

I've seen a gradual drop in my line sync speed since May this year.
Regards .....
Royza

I think something major has happened somewhere since the 19th. I've seen speeds of 120kbps - maybe double dial-up speed! I don't think I'm the only one. PlusNet staff don't seem to be able to put their fingers on it. I'm moving house Friday so I'll dee if the same thing happens there once broadband is live.
kopperdrake
Grafter

Same here - since moving in here in September I've had speeds of around 700kbps. Downloading something on the 20th November I noticed my speeds had jumped to around 950kbps - not bad for here. Then on the 21st November they plummeted to around 480kbps and haven't budged since 😕
I was happy, then elated, then a bit disgruntled. I've checked for trojans etc, nada. Modem still says my download speed is 1152kbps, but I'm sure that had gone up to around the 1400 mark though I didn't make a note of it.
James
Grafter

Hi Kopperdrake,
If you try rebooting your router then you should see an improvement in speed.
This is down to a change on your BT profile.
kopperdrake
Grafter

Just to say Jameseh was spot on - back up to a blinding (for this neck of the woods) 932kbps. And to think BT Broadband said it was highly unlikely I'd get a connection at all Wink