cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed drop

Lapa
Dabbler

Re: speed drop

I've got something like a thermostat and a pad (which is used to program the on/off time schedule for the week)
you are totally right it's not conclusive but yesterday when I switched on the heating trough the pad (so the boiler kicked in) my connection started dropping.
I really would like to understand precisely what's the problem but I must admit that I'm not as tech savvy as you.
Isn't PN able to investigate it for me?
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Townman
If the issue is REIN ...

The operative word being IF
Plusnet spent a long time claiming my line was suffering from REIN, even going so far as to claim it had been identified (by remote test) as being located in or around our house.  The actual fault  was a copper line fault around 500m from our house, but it took six OR visits before anyone was sent with appropriate instructions to actually find and fix it.
cedlor
Grafter

Trouble is since last June ISPs have had more tools available to reduce the effect of rein
(Increasing the snrm and increasing interleaving and other tweaking) so openreach dont often get involved any more. Also if they did and found it was something within your home you may be charged for the callout. Maybe if a whole street/ block of flats was involved, they might.
There is a good article on rein here   http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm  
Maybe observe the heating idea for a few days.  Also can you post the stats and the speed at PN see link below.( dont post your phone number.)
Edit  Just read Aesmiths post so dont discount the possibility of it still being a line fault - maybe intermittant caused by weather/temperature or even a joint
opening closing. It is useful when the speed drops to carry out a quiet line test 17070 option2 with a corded phone. to listen for crackles pops hissing etc.
Lapa
Dabbler

guys these are the results from support team,

xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:  NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status: 

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 24.8 45.0
SNR Margin: 11.5 6.1 
Errored Seconds: 0 1
HEC Errors: 0 
Cell Count: 1272 2385
Speed: 888 5608

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 5696 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 4556
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 260
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

BT Estimates WP Profile CLT TAM NIC
4000 4900 Pass  Pass Pass

Radius
RADIUS: Connected for 28 Days, 1:54:47
0 drops in last 24 hours
0 drops in last 72 hours
0 of 0 (0%) User Req Drops in last 7 daysVisual RADIUS

tags
WBC Annex M
Product status:  Enabled
Product RAG:  Green
Reason code:  A - ADSL is already enabled on this line

Speed:  4000
Upstream:  500
Min:  3000
Max:  5000
what do you think?
they say they didn't noticed any drops on my line, maybe it's my fault...is a drop when you are streaming a video and it suddenly stops buffering?
maybe I didn't described my fault correctly  Undecided