cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed drop

artificer
Grafter

Re: speed drop

the engineer came weeks ago.  not sure of the date.  it was in the latish afternoon.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Those stats are useful, but the full stats as per #23 would have been even more useful ... it's the same router?
New firmware - are you talking about 10.2.2.B for the TG582n?  If yes, it is a very good move, I would urge to to request it.
At the moment your synch stats look good, what results do you get from the BT speedtest - further diagnostics?  Ignore the instruction to reboot the router.  Need speed test result an profile figure.  As noted you can nolonger check the PlusNET profile figure - you will have to call support (or use chat) and ask for the figure / for it to be checked.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jason79

this is the lin k for the current line speed that has  been removed from the control panel for some curious reason
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
artificer
Grafter

the router is now an adsl 2+ netgear n300.  this is the one offering firmware and as it's brand new, i'm cautious about filling its innards with new software.
this is the result from plusnet's link.
Estimated line speed:
7Mb (This may vary between 6Mb and 8Mb)  - Checked on 2015-05-06 14:17:21
Current line speed:
2.9 Mb
as for the info in #23, i can't see how to get that from this router.  it offers me statistics and connection status.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hmmm Netgears, not my favourite as they are not easy to get full stats out of.
I see that the PlusNET profile which "does not very often fail to change correctly any more" (justification for removing the link in the user portal) is not right for the current line speed.  If you only got the improved synch speed this morning, then that might be reasonable, if earlier then something is still amiss in the process.
@CRT, can you please confirm that the PN profile is correct and feed back to the "decision maker" how useful direct access to the current speed is in enabling users to assist themselves?  I do hope that this change will be recinded.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cedlor
Grafter

I think select statistics ?  this may be a cutting from your handbook? if you can find it.
Chapter 4:  Managing Your Network 
N300 Wireless Gigabit ADSL2+ Mode
m Router DGN3500 User Manual
Statistics
To view statistics, on the Router Status screen, click  Show Statistics
Figure 31.
The following table describes the wire
less modem router statistics.
•   
To change the polling frequency, enter a time in seconds in the
Poll Interval field, and click Set Interval
•   
T o stop the polling, click Stop
ItemDescription
System Up Time        The time elapsed since the wireless modem router was last restarted.
Port                          The statistics for the WAN (Internet) and
LAN (Ethernet) ports. For each port, the
screen displays:
Status                The link status of the port.
TxPkts              The number of packets transmitted on this port since reset or manual clear.
RxPkts              The number of packets received on this port since reset or manual clear.
Collisions          The number of collisions on this port since reset or manual clear.
Tx B/s                The current transmission (outbound)
bandwidth used on the WAN and LAN ports.
Rx B/s              The current reception (inbound) ban
dwidth used on the WAN and LAN ports.
Up Time            The time elapsed since this port acquired the link.
Poll Interval              The intervals at which the statistics are updated in this screen.
  Chapter 4:  Managing Your Network   
|
Refresh
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've updated the profile now and dropped the connection.
From what I can see your in sync at around 20mbps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
artificer
Grafter

woot!  thank you so much.  my speed is 18mbps!  lovely.  i can close that ticket now.  thank you again.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Matthew
I've updated the profile now and dropped the connection.
From what I can see your in sync at around 20mbps.

Hi Matthew,
Access to current speed info is really helpful to users, would you not agree?  In which case can we have the user portal link reinstated please?
Kevin

Estragon
Rising Star

Link to the Plusnet Current line speed (IP Profile "copy") now in my sig. I hope!