Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed crippled after NDT fault

japsander
Dabbler

speed crippled after NDT fault

morning all,
im just trying to find out how others with my issue have had their issue resolved and a rough timeframe
my connection has been stable at around 20mb for months even though this was much lower than my estimate from signing up and still lower than BT current estimate at 24-33 but i settled for it.
basically, just over a week ago my phone line died meaning i had no dial tone or FTTC connection obviously.
4 days later it got weird as my internet came back on while i still had no dial tone which i cant understand why or how
at this time my connection was a little over 3mb
6 days later my line was allegedly fixed as per BT engineers response but my speed was around 5.5mb
it is now 9 days since the fault and my speed has not risen past 5.5mb
BTW speedtester states the acceptable speed for my line is 20Mbs-5.63Mbs (wrong way round) with a max achievable speed of 5.63Mbs and says as long as its in this range its working fine but with 5.63 max how could i get 20 lol
isnt this low a speed for FTTC still classed as a fault or have BT simply lowered my range to brush aside the issue. this is almost as bad as when i was on ADSL.
i already have an open ticket from the original fault so as soon as the bank holiday is over im hoping something will be replied
how have any of you guys got on after NDT faults in regards to getting full speed back? im just confused as to how it refuses to rise as i would expect with DLM after 3 days
if possible i would love a line reset as my profile does seem to be stuck but is it still a case of a line reset requiring an engineer to the house as myself and my wife work and will not be in if one comes round.
sorry for the long post but ive just had my morning coffee Smiley