Please could you reset my snr?
Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: snr reset

I can complete an SNR Reset for you but before I do, can I ask why you would like it resetting?
will2012
Grafter

Because my speed is suffering given the current margin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry, we don't perform SNR resets on request I'm afraid as we need to get to the bottom of what's caused the SNR to drop/rise so I'm going to advise raising a fault instead at this stage: http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
will2012
Grafter

I have contacted you privately, but have not received a reply.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry will2012 A busy day in the forums means I've not been able to look at them until now.
Please don't think we're singling you out for any reason. All to often we're seeing requests for SNR resets where they're not needed, in some cases this can even cause further issues rather than be helpful.
As mentioned we'd rather get to the bottom of why the SNR might be low (i.e there may well be, as there is in many cases an underlying fault) before we'd like to consider performing one.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
will2012
Grafter

Thank you for your reply.
There is no fault on the line. I caused the issue doing exactly the same as someone else on here was doing recently,as I mentioned in my pm, and for them their requested snr reset was easy enough. I am not exactly sure which other conclusion you wish me to draw.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, I'll submit an SNR reset for you. We have to be careful with submitting these. Not that I'm accusing you of this but I'm aware that it's easy to misunderstand why and when an SNR reset is appropriate.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
will2012
Grafter

Thanks very much for your help