cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow web surfing

boabness
Dabbler

slow web surfing

my web surfing is real slow from about 5pm till 12 midnight , im on opt 3 so this should not be getting restricted
after 12midnight i get good download speeds and web surfing is ok so its looking like plus net is restricting my web surfing when is says it dont restrict web surfing .
anyone else having this problem ?
8 REPLIES 8
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: slow web surfing

But what is you peak usage showing?
Premier option 3 or broadband your way option 3?
boabness
Dabbler

Quote from: Peter
But what is you peak usage showing?
Premier option 3 or broadband your way option 3?

my peak usage is sitting at  7.38GB if you  mean paid for usage , my new usage in tomorrow / 6/3 /08  so im 12 gb under  on what im aloud.
im on Broadband Your Way option 3
i took this because it said web surfing would not be restricted but looks like it is .
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Can you run a BT speedtest in the period when you get good speeds and the period when you don't. Also do a normal speedtest at the same times e.g. www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk
boabness
Dabbler

what will that do ? speed has nothing 2 do with it . web pages should open up faster on a line thats syncing at 6500 Kbps dont you think ?
when it gets to after 12midnight the slow web pages disappear ,dont that say something .
me doing a speed test dont say nothing when your restricting speeds of different things like you can see in the pics that are posted on plus net, saying that web surfing is never restricted .but it is
i will get back 2 you with speed tests

pcoventry
Grafter

Morning Boabness,
The speedtests will give us your Sync speed, Throughput and IP profile. This will help to ID any problems with your connection. We don't restrict any websurfing usage except for when a usage ceiling is reached at which case without adding extra usage you will be restricted to 128kbps.
Also please choose "exchange search" from this site http://usertools.plus.net/ and enter your phonenumber to see if the virtual path at your exchange is at red.
boabness
Dabbler

im under with 12 GB  on my 20GB
its green and i did a bt speed test

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  8064 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 4012 kbps
pcoventry
Grafter

Your synced at 8Mb down 448K up, On a connection profile of 6.5 and throughput is just under 4MB (being 4096 kbps). Are downloads slow aswell?
We would need 2 more speedtests from you and then if you wish us to look into this either raise a ticket to the CSC or call in and we can access the speedtests. The BT speedtester will only let you do tests 3 hours apart.
4-12 is the main busy time for the internet and this is why we have the system in place to control different protocols at different times of the day. Web surfing is always given high priority.
boabness
Dabbler

i dont do downloads in the day , its my web surfing thats slow . between 5pm and 12midnight  all that is done on my internet at them times is play xbox 360 and surf the internet . so i think that i should be getting pages like ebay and that 2 open up fast with the speed im getting dont you .
downloads are good when i do them after 12midnight .