cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow upload and wireless speed

winterjasmine
Dabbler

slow upload and wireless speed

hi, I have a cisco lynksis router. When I connect using ethernet my download speeds are fine, over 12 but upload is 0.38. Wireless both are terrible, download 0.52 and upload 0.28. Someone suggested changing the channel but I can't find the password to the router, it's not the default and I've tried all the ones I normally use. Is this something you can fix or do I have to change my router? It's wireless n adsl2 model wag160n
5 REPLIES 5
thomasjc1
Grafter

Re: slow upload and wireless speed

I dunno about on that router but there should be a reset button on the back you press that in for 10 seconds to get it back to factory settings then you should be able to use the default password  and username which is admin admin. It should say in your manual how to reset it
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Definitely sounds like a wireless issue as your upload on wired is capped - I've placed an order to uncap that which will complete tomorrow and get your upload to around 1Mb.
Factory resetting it definitely sounds like a good plan though if you can't get into it and change any of the settings.
winterjasmine
Dabbler

thanks, tried that before but still could not get in using admin and admin. Guess it looks like a new router.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, realise this may be too late, but those routers can be flashed with several different types of custom firmware and if it's using one of those it may well have a different default username and password?
If anything loads when you look at the router's page (before it asks for a username and password I mean) is there anything on there that might give away whether it's standard firmware or something else?
winterjasmine
Dabbler

hi Matt, remind me how I look at the routers page thanks.