Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed??

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: slow speed??

Thanks Jim Smiley
@emmasbloke - I've just requested an SNR reset on your line that should allow it to retrain and let the profile re-establish. It should take effect later this afternoon, we'd recommend not rebooting the router more often than around once or twice a day for the next 10 days or so while the line retrains.
Hope it gets things sorted, please let us know how it goes.
axlstod
Grafter

Brilliant thanks for everything.Just did a test and it was still 2mb lets hope it doesnt take to long to retrain.
axlstod
Grafter

Well this is just great,my speed as gone to pot again.Getting a little bit frustrated with this now.
Just wondering if i download quite alot within a 24hr period as i did on friday night can it mess things up.Or the cold weather?Huh
Speeds are
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.3 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps
thankyou.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

What does Current line speed say in the Member Centre here? If that value is not 7.1 (or perhaps 7.15Mbps) I suggest raising a ticket using Help Assistant path My Broadband Connection -> Other (or this direct link). Add text Please could my Member Centre Current line speed be changed to match my BT IP Profile of 7.15Mbps as shown on the following BT speed test.
<copy the complete speed test result you posted here>
If your Current line speed is already 7.1 or 7.15Mbps I suggest waiting for help from the Digital Care Team tomorrow.
David
axlstod
Grafter

hi thanks for the reply line speed is 7.15,this happened a couple of months ago and sorted itself out after a few days,just wondering if there is a connection between cold weather and downloading quite a lot over a short period of time.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I can't think of any direct relationship between cold weather and high download volumes that would cause slow speeds. Rain or dampness which might accompany cold weather can cause line noise and disconnection which then lead to low speeds.
Just wondering if high download volumes have taken you over your monthly allowance leading to your speeds being capped?
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This is an odd one. Usage hasn't gone over, and the profile that I can see on BTs side is currently set to 7150 though hasn't updated since late last month. There also haven't been many disconnections.
I'm afraid we're looking at another fault needing reporting in all honesty, if your sync speeds are remaining high but the profile keeps dropping as it is doing 😕 Let us know when it's raised and we'll get on it for you.
axlstod
Grafter

speed is fine again now.thanks guys,just wondering if my router keeps throwing a wobbly.
i switched off and left it off for about 10 mins then when i switched it back on all was well.