cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed

bingo69

slow speed

hi all, ive been getting very slow speed for 3 weeks now, 20 seconds to load a page and no chance of watching anything on youtube, done all the things plusnet have asked me to and waited as long as they asked for the line to stay stable.
my last speed test this morning shows this
speed achieved 79 kbps
acceptable speed 50-250
dsl connection rate 7104kbps down stream. 448 upstream
ip profile for line is 135 kbps
i had engineer out last friday and was told to change telephone extension cable and also been told to run straight from the test socket on the main box, ive had time off work for engineer to come and spent ages in queues phoning plusnet, thanks in advance for any ideas.
graham
3 REPLIES 3
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: slow speed

For whatever reason your sync rate is excellent but your IP Profile is abysmal.  Hopefully someone form Plusnet will pick this up and take a look.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bingo69,
The disconnections on Friday and Saturday are what will have caused the profile to lower so much. I thought it would have raised back by now, but it can take up to 72 hours. I'll look into it for you though.
Jojo Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bingo69,
It looks like the profile has upped to 5500, have you seen an improvement at all there?
ETA: It'll run a lot faster and be more stable if you don't use a telephone extension on the router.