cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed

Bushy1972
Dabbler

slow speed

For some reason open reach can't find a reason why my speed is only testing at 6 when my profile is 23+ have been waiting more than 3 months now with 4 wasted engineer visits any help to solve this would be much appreciated
24 REPLIES 24
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: slow speed

without any specific details it would be impossible to even hazard a guess
Bushy1972
Dabbler

What details do you need
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

At one time Plusnet used to impose its own speed cap.  This was meant to mirror the one used by BT's equipment but if the process went wrong (which was a rare event) you could find your speed unnecessarily restricted.  I haven't paid much attention to these issues for a few years so I may be out of date.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you could show that small(ish) blocks of data downloaded at a high speed, but larger blocks downloaded at a significantly slower speed then there is some artificial limiting going on somewhere.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

ejs
Aspiring Hero

A capped upstream speed for an ADSL2+ connection on a line that's so short it's getting pretty much the maximum possible downstream sync speed, seriously?

Uncap the upstream.

I'm not sure the capped upstream speed will be limiting the downstream throughput speed as measure by speedtests, but it's not going to be helping anything.

Bushy1972
Dabbler

You've lost me is there any way of fixing this
ejs
Aspiring Hero

It requires someone from Plusnet to uncap (increase) the upstream speed for you.

Bushy1972
Dabbler

Would they not of done that in the last three months they have been trying to sought it out and not send out 4 engineers to try and tell me that the 6 routers that I have tried are all faulty they are in the process of doing what they called a type m let's see how that goes
ejs
Aspiring Hero

I don't know the history of the issue and what has been done previously to try and fix it. Someone might have capped the upstream thinking the problem might somehow have been due to the originally uncapped upstream.

All I can see is the stats in the image you posted, the downstream rate was 24333k and the upstream rate was 446k. There's no good reason for the upstream speed to be restricted like that. It should be over 1000k. Whatever else gets done, you will still need the upstream uncapped.

Bushy1972
Dabbler

That's the history
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

I have tested your line and found that there is excessive data being transferred on your upload stream at the time of your speed test. This is not a cap that has been applied its the bandwidth being consumed by something such as high definition streaming (multiple sources) file sharing programs or backup software - including mobile phones (being the most common 3 things). If your upload is maxed out then information requests will struggle to leave your router to the outside world and the small data packets used to confirm data has been received will not be sent to the outside server making it look like speed problems. This will therefore cause speed delays or even terminations preventing access altogether.

I don't know what happened to your lengthy post but how was this bit resolved?  It seems obvious from this comment that your upstream rate should be uncapped.  Also you should run speed tests with all devices that could possibly access the internet switched off - except the one you are using to run the test.  If possible test with several different devices in case one is using bandwidth unbeknown to you.    

Bushy1972
Dabbler

When did you test my line if it was today then no one has been in since 9 this morning and no devices are left on
Bushy1972
Dabbler

[removed] - CSC Analyst
4:02pm, Friday 1 Jul 2016
**INTERNAL**

Testing. Results to follow shortly.
[removed] - CSC Analyst
4:27pm, Friday 1 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

** INTERNAL **

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK98010708 Service ID: BBEU21293227
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 01-07-2016 16:24:11
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status: NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:
Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 6.9 26.5
SNR Margin: 29.5 0.9
Errored Seconds: 0 383
HEC Errors: 0
Cell Count: 0 0
Speed: 446 12206
Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 23840 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 19072
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 1409 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 12078
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 7
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

CLT TAM NIC
Pass Pass Pass

Radius

Estimates
DSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5

Summary
-Customer is on a 0.9 SNR
-Will reset and update customer.

Kind regards,

[removed]

[Email notification sent to: [removed]]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
6:22pm, Friday 1 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Having tested your line today it appears the instability of the connection may be due to a setting being incorrect for the line.

The signal to noise ratio (SNR) is too low for the length of your line. The SNR helps the broadband to remain stable and unaffected by noise or interference on the line. The higher the setting for SNR, the higher the level of noise can be tolerated.

The SNR for your line was set too low for the amount of interference we'd expect to see, so by increasing this we expect the connection to now stabilize.

Please monitor the connection over the next couple of days, and reply to this message should the connection continue to drop.

Kind regards,

[removed]

Your Response
7:43pm, Wednesday 6 Jul 2016
Hi I have not noticed any line dropping over the last couple of days but my broadband upload and download has more that half what it was it's now running at 7 and 0.200 I was getting 18+ and over 1
[removed] - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
9:04am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
**INTERNAL**

Connection is now being tested, results will follow shortly.
Your Response
9:07am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
Your Response
9:07am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
We are currently performing tests on your broadband service which will allow us to investigate the problem you've reported.

Please be aware if this is a new fault that this can take up to 24 hours.

We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.
[removed] - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
9:34am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
** INTERNAL **

KBD
KBD
BRAS adsl12000 Profile Info WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
NF03 - The Copper Line test has failed. MFL :- (CA) BTW cannot progress this fault as the root cause is the PSTN failure. Please report to your Copper Line Service Provider.
xDSL
Status Circuit In Sync
NTE PowerOn
Upstream Downstream
Loop loss 6.9 28.0
SNR Margin 25.3 7.3
Errored Seconds 0 0
Cell Count 0 0
Speed 446 7884
Maximum Stable Rate 23840 Fault Threshold Rate 19072
MTBR 4523 ILQ R
MTBE (Downstream) 113 MTBE (Upstream) 40707
CLT
Response
FAULT - Loop (Rectified)
Line Length (DN) 869
Line Length (DP) 634
TAM
Response
No TAM test performed
PTTR
Response
No records found

Radius
WP Product: WBC MAX24 mb/s (ADSL2+ Annex A) 448kbit/s Upstream
WP Profile: Generic Speed 9600 Time Out
Ellacoya: Service_Offer_59
Connected for 1:32:17
15 drops in last 24 hours
51 drops in last 72 hours
0 of 55 (0%) User Req Drops in last 7 days

Summary
will raise
9:34am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

I have tested your line today and the results indicate a potential issue with the equipment connected to the phone line.

Our tests show a loop on the line, which is a short circuit on the line. This could be a faulty piece of equipment or something breaking the loop such as something going through the line.

To rule out your equipment as the cause, we would like to see if the fault is still present with your equipment disconnected from the line.

Please contact us when all the phone sockets in the property are unplugged and if possible please remove the faceplate of the master socket which will disconnect the internal wiring. We can then retest your line and proceed with our investigation.

Kind regards,

[removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet:We require you to preform some further checks for us to be able to progress your fault. Please log into the portal at http://contactus.plus.net to see the required checks]
Your Response
9:43am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
Hi I am going to disconnect all equipment now can you please call me on 07966933156 so I know the test is being done as I will have no internet to check emails
10:13am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
**INTERNAL**

10:22am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
[internal]

CLT failed with nothing plugged in.
Does not have test socket, no ext cables.
WLR3 line test clear, logging fault in ECO+

Copper Line Check Test Results :

Test Results Description: Diagnosis Code: MFL:
FAULT - Loop (Rectified) T024 CA

Kind regards,

[removed]
10:40am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
[internal]

Left message for EU.
EU called back.
Fault not in AA, can book appointment any time.

Kind regards,
[removed]
10:46am, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thank you for your time on the phone.

As per our conversation. I will book an appointment as soon as available and update you again. If you have any questions in the mean time please let me know.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[removed]

1:49pm, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
**INTERNAL**

1:50pm, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thank you for your patience.

Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for between 8am and 1pm on Tuesday, the 12th of July 2016. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.

Please note if an engineer visits your premises and the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £50 will apply.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for between 8am and 1pm on Tuesday, the 12th of July 2016. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.]
1:50pm, Sunday 10 Jul 2016
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 12th July at 2:00pm.

Kind regards,

[removed]
Script User - Automated Script Pool
2:05pm, Tuesday 12 Jul 2016
Question [ 128513231 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
Your Response
9:10pm, Wednesday 13 Jul 2016
Hi the engineer came on Tuesday and resolved the problem could you please reset my line as my speeds are still very low thanks
[removed] - CSC Analyst
1:55pm, Friday 15 Jul 2016
**INTERNAL**

[removed] - CSC Analyst
2:04pm, Friday 15 Jul 2016
** INTERNAL **

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 15-07-2016 13:57:14
xDSL Status Test Summary
General Information
Loop Loss: 6.9 28.0
SNR Margin: 29.2 5.3
Errored Seconds: 0 0
Speed: 446 6073
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 17
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Radius

Engineer Notes
WBC
Product status: Enabled
Product RAG: Green
Reason code: A - ADSL is already enabled on this line
Speed: 17000
Min: 10000
Max: 19500

Summary
Line is stable But there is no banding on the account, Sync speeds are too low. Will need another engineer to go to property to fix. I will contact to advise.

Kind regards,

[removed]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
2:10pm, Friday 15 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

I tried to call you today but there was no answer. To progress this fault, we would need to request another engineer to visit your premises and to diagnose the fault on the line, I can see the line is stable, however the speeds are lower than your estimates.

Before we book an engineer to investigate and try to fix your issue I need to make you aware of the following information and you will need to accept before we proceed.

If the engineer finds the fault to be with one of the checks we have asked you to do, you miss the appointment or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time we will add one off fee of £50 to your bill. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property and the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists.

We are very stringent on accepting and passing on these charges and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.

In order for us to book an engineer do you accept the possibility of a charge to your account?

Please reply to this message with your agreement to the statement and with 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our Plusnet Chat team are here to help , for a live update Mon to Fri 10:00 – 18:00 click here

Kind regards,

[removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet:To progress your fault, we need to arrange another engineer visit, I can see the line is stable, however the speeds are lower than your estimates. Please reply to this message with 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm]
Your Response
4:34pm, Friday 15 Jul 2016
Yes I except and and between 8-1 is fine
[removed] - CSC Analyst
5:17pm, Friday 15 Jul 2016
**INTERNAL**

[removed] - CSC Analyst
5:20pm, Friday 15 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for between 8am and 1pm on Wednesday, the 20th of July 2016. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.

Please note if an engineer visits your premises and the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £50 will apply.

After the engineer visit one of our team should be in contact with you to make sure everything is resolved and that you are happy.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

[INTERNAL]
Appointment ref: 877BWTWW
Fault ref: 3-147276265679
Visit Number:1

Kind regards,

[removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for between 8am and 1pm on Wednesday, the 20th of July 2016. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.]
[removed] - CSC Analyst
5:21pm, Friday 15 Jul 2016
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 20th July at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[removed]
7:06am, Wednesday 20 Jul 2016
Question [ 128513231 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
12:44pm, Wednesday 20 Jul 2016
**INTERNAL**

[removed]- BOT - DSL Logged Faults
12:51pm, Wednesday 20 Jul 2016
** INTERNAL **

KBD
Upstream Link Info

Loop Loss SNR Margin Errored Seconds Hec Errors Cell Count Speed
6 29.9 0 0 0 446

Downstream Link Info

Loop Loss SNR Margin Errored Seconds Hec Errors Cell Count Speed
9 6 2 N/A 0 23209

Summary
Connected customer's alternative router and sync rate has improved, will pass back to EU
12:52pm, Wednesday 20 Jul 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thank you for your patience.

It appears the router was causing the poor performance, as connecting an alternative with the engineer has improved the speed.

If you are happy this issue has been resolved, you can click here to close this ticket.

Kind regards,

[removed]

Your Response
11:13pm, Tuesday 26 Jul 2016
Hi I am still not getting very good speeds they are baring from 6-12 meg on average and I should be getting 18-21 my mobile for contact is 07966933156
10:01am, Monday 1 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

This fault is currently being reviewed.
10:01am, Monday 1 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

Further information will be appended to this ticket shortly.
Your Response
10:04am, Monday 1 Aug 2016
We are currently performing tests on your broadband service which will allow us to investigate the problem you've reported.

Please be aware if this is a new fault that this can take up to 24 hours.

We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.
12:01pm, Monday 1 Aug 2016
** INTERNAL **

Testing
KBD
BRAS adsl12000 Profile Info WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 3dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
NF37 - KBD test indicates a potential intermittent connection or performance related issue. KBD test indicates no BTW network fault. Please review your End User checks, If no other underlying Issues are found use the Self Service Repair Tool (DLM) to increase the SNR margin, apply Interleaving etc. and/or consider changing the stability option by placing a modify order.
xDSL
Status Circuit In Sync
NTE PowerOn
Upstream Downstream
Loop loss 7.0 10.5
SNR Margin 28.9 3.6
Errored Seconds 0 0
Cell Count 0 0
Speed 446 24382
Maximum Stable Rate 23840 Fault Threshold Rate 19072
MTBR 86400 ILQ G
MTBE (Downstream) 86400 MTBE (Upstream) 86400
CLT
Response
Line Test OK
Line Length (DN) 869
Line Length (DP) 634
TAM
Response
No TAM test performed
PTTR
Response
No records found

Workplace and Radius
WP Profile: Generic Speed 20900 Time Out
Connected for 23:9:8
1 drops in last 24 hours
1 drops in last 72 hours
0 of 2 (0%) User Req Drops in last 7 days

https://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14700435433269.png

Tags
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 22.5 -- 20.5 to 24 Available -- --

Summary
Previous low sync issue
Loop issue resolved by first engineer
2 SFI visits
No pTTR
3db profile so moved to 6db with modify ref: 3-149147061766
12:03pm, Monday 1 Aug 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thank you for your patience and apologies for the delayed response.

The line has been tested again and we have identified a possible cause of the connection problems.

The signal to noise ratio margin on your line has dropped below target which can lead to slower throughput.

In order to improve performance of the connection, we have increased the signal to noise ratio margin on your line. This will increase the buffer applied to protect the broadband signal to accommodate slight increases or spikes in noise on the line without affecting the connection.

Please continue to monitor the connection over the next few days and get back in touch should you experience any further problems.

If you are still having issues with your broadband speed then we would need you to perform some further diagnostic testing from your end by following the on screen instructions at:

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test.

To ensure the speed test results are uploaded and sent to us, please click Further Diagnostics after you have run the initial test, enter your Telephone Number and then click Run Diagnostic Test.

If you require any further assistance, please follow the guide using the link below:

Using the BT Wholesale Broadband Speedtester

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your fault ticket has been updated. You can view your fault and reply at http://portal.plus.net/wizard. Alternatively you can call us on 0345 140 0200 for an update.]
10:17am, Saturday 6 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

This fault is currently being reviewed. Further information will be appended to this ticket shortly.
10:37am, Saturday 6 Aug 2016
** INTERNAL **

Testing
Circuit ID:
CBUK98010708 Service ID: BBEU21293227 Current BRAS Profile (CVLAN Rate):
Product Info: WBC End User ACCESS Provisioned BRAS Profile: adsl21000 Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
xDSL Status Check

Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 06-08-2016 10:19:44
xDSL Status Test Summary
General Information
Loop Loss: 6.9 10.5
SNR Margin: 29.7 6.3
Speed: 446 23571
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 86400
CLT: Pass
MA: Pass

Workplace & Radius
WP Profile: Generic Speed 20700 Time Out
Connected for 2 Days, 12:37:7
0 drops in last 24 hours
1 drops in last 72 hours
0 of 4 (0%) User Req Drops in last 7 days

https://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image1470475155595.png

Tags
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Summary
Mod complete and snrm at 6db
Line testing fine
Issue appears resolved
12:49pm, Saturday 6 Aug 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

As per our conversation, The line has been tested again today and the issue you reported to us now appears to be resolved. The line is testing fine and the connection is currently stable with all tests indicating the router is achieving the correct speeds. Please continue to monitor the connection and get back in touch should you experience any further problems.

If you are happy this issue has been resolved, you can click here to close this ticket.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[removed]

Your Response
9:32pm, Sunday 7 Aug 2016
Hi I have done th bt speed test a couple of time today and sent the results to you through further diagnostic as requested you will notice the speeds are very low still
9:51am, Tuesday 9 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

This fault is currently being reviewed. Further information will be appended to this ticket shortly.
10:01am, Tuesday 9 Aug 2016
** INTERNAL **

Testing
Circuit ID:
CBUK98010708 Service ID: BBEU21293227 Current BRAS Profile (CVLAN Rate):
Product Info: WBC End User ACCESS Provisioned BRAS Profile: adsl21000 Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

xDSL Status Check
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 09-08-2016 09:51:15
xDSL Status Test Summary
General Information
Loop Loss: 7.0 10.5
SNR Margin: 23.5 6.3
Speed: 446 23315
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 2962 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 74056

CLT: Pass
MA: Pass

PTTR

Attribute:
DownStream-BE UpStream-BE
TAP ID: TAP-1 TAP-1
Test ID: 1470599300 1470599301
Start Date/Time: 07-08-2016 20:46:29 07-08-2016 20:46:44
Test Duration: PT12.505S PT11.956S
User Name: Bushy1972 Bushy1972
Domain Name: plusdsl.net plusdsl.net
Directory Number:
Network Identifier: CBUK98010708 CBUK98010708
Service Identifier: BBEU21293227 BBEU21293227
BRAS IP Address: 10.170.130.130 10.170.130.130
VPI: 0 0
VCI: 0 0
Peering IP Address: 80.189.114.239 80.189.114.239
Infrastructure Type (C+ C++ HG/LTS): LONS LONS
System Name: EUSC Performance Tester EUSC Performance Tester
System Host: EUSC Performance Tester EUSC Performance Tester
Policy Type: BestEffort BestEffort
Policy ID: WBC WBC
Profile Rate: 20570 448
Test File Size: 13013160 217987
File Transfer Average Throughput/Session: 6050 370

Workplace & Radius
WP Profile: Generic Speed 20700 Time Out
Connected for One Day, 10:58:50
0 drops in last 24 hours
2 drops in last 72 hours
0 of 3 (0%) User Req Drops in last 7 days

https://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14707326434273.png

Tags & VLAN
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

-
IPSV00020604 BLACKAWTON 3

Summary
Low throughput on tap test
VLAN is amber
Will contact QA
10:14am, Tuesday 9 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

Fault ref: 3-149873248939
10:14am, Tuesday 9 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

E-chat required to QA
11:27am, Tuesday 9 Aug 2016
** INTERNAL **

E-chat to QA
(10:49:58):
We can't do know more with circuit Joe, this is the only VLAN at BLACKAWTON

(10:50:44):
Again currently running at 171mb, well below 203mb threshold

(10:51:17):
Yes, unless other VLANS are built here, increasing VLAN size will be their only option

(10:54:12):
I'll email capacity advising of customers speed, all I can do is make them aware and recommend increase in VLAN size

(10:56:34):
Sent, I've copied our group box in, at least it will be on capacity teams radar now
11:53am, Tuesday 9 Aug 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

As per our conversation, we have identified high utilization at your exchange as such this is why you may be experiencing throughput issues at peak times. Our suppliers BT Wholesake have emailed the Capacity Management team to investigate.

I will now place this ticket on hold for 7 days and we'll be in touch when we have an update for you

This Question is now on hold until Monday 15th August at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[removed]
7:07am, Monday 15 Aug 2016
11:04am, Tuesday 16 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

11:12am, Tuesday 16 Aug 2016
** INTERNAL **

VLAN status dated 15/08
IPSV00020604 BLACKAWTON 2
11:59am, Tuesday 16 Aug 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

As per our conversation, the capacity report is now showing that bandwidth utilization at your exchnage is performing within thresholds. therefore we should now notice improved throughput and performance of the connection.

As discussed, if you are still experiencing issues please test the connection with alternative device, router and Ethernet cable to try eliminate an issue with equipment and also test the connection at different times of the day to see if if the issues replicate at off peak times. Please continue to monitor the connection and get back in touch should you experience any further problems.

Kind regards,

[removed]

Your Response
10:43pm, Monday 22 Aug 2016
Hi I have sent you another bt speed test result as you can see it has not improved if anything it has got worse and keep getting drops at random times what is going on with it and where do we go from here
Thanks Graham
[removed] - CSC Analyst
5:21pm, Tuesday 23 Aug 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

**internal** Mr Bush called through with speed issue wired connection to router no data transfer, wireless trace route time out steps 2 and 3.

Kind regards,

[removed]
Your Response
12:16pm, Saturday 27 Aug 2016
Have not heard anything since Tuesday have tested with bt speed test all week and have sent today's results still experiencing low speeds starting to get annoying now
[removed] - CSC - Team Managers
10:33am, Tuesday 30 Aug 2016
**INTERNAL**

[removed] - CSC - Team Managers
10:36am, Tuesday 30 Aug 2016
[internal]

WP Profile: Generic Speed 20900 Time Out
Connected for 12:33:2
11 drops in last 24 hours
11 drops in last 72 hours
15 of 81 (19%) User Req Drops in last 7 days

Status Check:
WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

General Information

Loop Loss: 7.0 10.5
SNR Margin: 23.5 6.2
Speed: 446 23800

Estimate :
20.5 to 24

Product :
Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted)

CLT : Pass
TAM : Null
NIC : Pass
Consistency Check : Pass

PTTR :

29/8 8.30pm
Profile Rate: 20975 448
Test File Size: 5682152 22453
File Transfer Average Throughput/Session: 4760 11

12.6580 141.0069
20 122.0610 494.0889
21 44.0656 411.6190

Notes :
10:36am, Tuesday 30 Aug 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thanks for your patience,

I have tested your line and found that there is excessive data being transferred on your upload stream at the time of your speed test. This is not a cap that has been applied its the bandwidth being consumed by something such as high definition streaming (multiple sources) file sharing programs or backup software - including mobile phones (being the most common 3 things). If your upload is maxed out then information requests will struggle to leave your router to the outside world and the small data packets used to confirm data has been received will not be sent to the outside server making it look like speed problems. This will therefore cause speed delays or even terminations preventing access altogether.

If you close down whatever is causing the problem eg. Vuze, BitTorrent, KnowHowCloud, Cloud Sync for example and re-run the speedtest you should fine that the speed increases to its normal level.

If after closing whatever is consuming your upload doesnt resolve the problem please get back to us with any information which may be beneficial and we will continue investigation.

[Sms Message: Plusnet:Your fault ticket has been updated. You can view your fault and reply at http://portal.plus.net/wizard.]
10:43am, Wednesday 31 Aug 2016
10:43am, Wednesday 31 Aug 2016
8:37pm, Thursday 1 Sep 2016
Kind regards,

[removed]
8:38pm, Thursday 1 Sep 2016
**INTERNAL**

8:45pm, Thursday 1 Sep 2016
** INTERNAL **

KBD
Loop Loss: 6.9 10.5
SNR Margin: 28.7 6.3
Speed: 446 23361

File Transfer Average Throughput/Session: 6260

WP Profile

Radius
https://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14727584349383.png

Summary
Customer has had a IT engineer around for 3 hours and confirmed no issue with equipment or property.
Cable connection
Same on multiple routers
Minimal usage shown at time of this new speedtest

Kind regards,

[removed]
8:52pm, Thursday 1 Sep 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for between 8am and 1pm on Wednesday, the 7th of September 2016. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.

Please note if an engineer visits your premises and the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £65 will apply.

[INTERNAL]
Appointment ref: 327BYKWW
Fault ref: 3-152041020438
20:52:14 Update Openreach Trouble Report Accepted

Kind regards,

[removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for between 8am and 1pm on Wednesday, the 7th of September 2016. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.]
8:53pm, Thursday 1 Sep 2016
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 7th September at 1:00pm.

Kind regards,

[removed]
1:05pm, Wednesday 7 Sep 2016
[removed] - CSC Analyst
2:18pm, Thursday 8 Sep 2016
**INTERNAL**

[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:12pm, Thursday 8 Sep 2016
** INTERNAL **

KBD
Circuit ID:
CBUK98010708 Service ID: BBEU21293227
Telephone NO.: N.A. Test Executed On: 2016-09-08T14:18:53.853Z
xDSL Status Test Summary
General Information
Loop Loss: 7.1 10.5
SNR Margin: 28.9 6.7
Speed: 446 24380
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: 0 MTBE_RED: 0
MTBR_GREEN: 86400 MTBE_GREEN: 86400
Performance Test Records

Total Test Result Count: 2
Test Result for TAP-1: The performance problem is on the Internet or with the target server i.e. there is no performance problem in the service provider/BT network.
Test Result for TAP-1: The performance problem is on the Internet or with the target server i.e. there is no performance problem in the service provider/BT network.
Detailed Records
Attribute: DownStream-BE UpStream-BE
TAP ID: TAP-1 TAP-1
Test ID: 1473340918 1473340919
Start Date/Time: 08-09-2016 14:20:25 08-09-2016 14:20:40
Test Duration: PT12.186S PT11.902S
User Name: bushy1972 bushy1972
Domain Name: plusdsl.net plusdsl.net
Directory Number:
Network Identifier: CBUK98010708 CBUK98010708
Service Identifier: BBEU21293227 BBEU21293227
BRAS IP Address: 10.170.130.130 10.170.130.130
VPI: 0 0
VCI: 0 0
Peering IP Address: 87.113.167.208 87.113.167.208
Infrastructure Type (C+ C++ HG/LTS): LONS LONS
System Name: EUSC Performance Tester EUSC Performance Tester
System Host: EUSC Performance Tester EUSC Performance Tester
Policy Type: BestEffort BestEffort
Policy ID: WBC WBC
Profile Rate: 21509 448
Test File Size: 10308296 178338
File Transfer Average Throughput/Session: 5990 350

Radius
WP Profile: Generic Speed 20800 Time Out
Connected for 18:38:58
1 drops in last 24 hours
5 drops in last 72 hours
3 of 17 (18%) User Req Drops in last 7 days https://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14733403834047.png

TAGS
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 22.5 -- 20.5 to 24
Engineer Notes
Tested and demonstrated to me bush. Ft ok pqt complete. Lift and shift carried out What was the result of the Initial Pair Quality Test ? - Pass Did you complete the Base module ? - Yes Have you successfully demonstrated connectivity to the NTE ? - Yes Did all the connections, extensions and DSL filters meet the minimum standards ? - Yes Have you conducted a sync test (modem light on) ? - Yes Did you complete the Network module ? - No Did you replace the NTE and why ? - Did not replace Did you complete the Frames module ? - Yes Did you get dial tone on the MDF ? - Yes Did you get DSL sync with a 60 dB attenuator on the MDF ? - Yes Did you prove connectivity from the MDF to HDF ? - Yes Were the connections from the MDF to HDF the same as the Openreach records ? - Yes Did you renew any MDF jumpers ? - No Was there an Openreach Fault on the Frame ? - No Did you change the HDF tie pair ? - Yes - CP equipment fault Did you have a co-op call with the CP ? - Yes Did you complete the End User Premises Wiring Module ? - No Did you disconnect any End User wiring to resolve a problem ? - No Did you complete the End User Premises Equipment Module ? - No

Summary
Graham still getting around 6mb.
multiple engineers, vlan move, lift and shift all attempted but no resolution

Escalation Ref: 1026812
[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:18pm, Thursday 8 Sep 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

As per our conversation, I'm very sorry that your fault is still ongoing.

My testing today indicates that the issue is no longer there but after the conversation with yourself and seeing your speedtest results I would have to concur that the issue is still present.

I have now raised an escalation through to our suppliers for this to be assessed more thoroughly for you. We will hear back from them in the next 24 hours and we will get back in touch with you as well at that point.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you

I hope this helps

Kind regards,

[removed]

1:39pm, Friday 9 Sep 2016
**INTERNAL**

ESC notes - Informed CP to retest with customer and reject the clear and book an appointment and notify us via portal. So that we will escalate the job with suppliers making sure that the next engineer to change e side and d side for the end user.

Called and booked an engineer to carry out the tasks mentioned above.

Kind regards,

[removed]
1:44pm, Friday 9 Sep 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thank you for your time on the phone this afternoon.

As discussed your appointment for an engineer has been booked for 14/09/16 between 1pm - 6pm. Please note if an engineer visits your premises and is unable to gain access or if the fault is caused by your internal wiring or equipment a charge of £50 will apply.

Please call us on 0345 140 0200 if the appointment needs rearranging.

Kind regards,

[removed]

**Internal**

Supplier fault reference: 1-1035934350303.

[Sms Message: Plusnet: As discussed your appointment for an engineer has been booked for 14/09/16 between 1pm - 6pm. Please note if an engineer visits your premises and is unable to gain access or if the fault is caused by your internal wiring or equipment a charge of £50 will apply.]
1:46pm, Friday 9 Sep 2016
**INTERNAL**

Placing on hold awaiting an update from the engineer.

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 14th September at 6:00pm.

Kind regards,

[removed]
6:05pm, Wednesday 14 Sep 2016
5:47pm, Thursday 15 Sep 2016
Pq passed on arrival adsl okay at 23873kbps but internet speed test had broadband working at only 6 meg tried BT hub which worked between 11 and 16 meg on BT wholesale test site. This is still slower than line is capable of carrying. This is a profile issue not s line issue. Spoke to wholesale who said the profile is 23 meg

WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

General Information

Loop Loss: 7.2 12.0
SNR Margin: 29.7 5.3
Speed: 446 24381

Kind regards,

[removed]
5:49pm, Thursday 15 Sep 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

I tried to call you today but there was no answer.

As per my message.

I called to see how the engineer visit went. We are still waiting for the notes from the escalation team. When we have these we will be back in touch.

Kind regards,

[removed]

Your Response
5:56pm, Thursday 15 Sep 2016
Please call me asap to discuss the engineer visit
[removed]- BOT - DSL Logged Faults
10:58am, Friday 16 Sep 2016
Kind regards,
[removed]
11:00am, Friday 16 Sep 2016
** INTERNAL **

KBD
Loop Loss: 7.1 10.5
SNR Margin: 28.8 6.8
Speed: 446 24333

Engineer Notes
Pq passed on arrival adsl okay at 23873k bps but internet spe ed test had broadban d working at only 6 meg tried BT hub whi ch worked between 1 1 and 16 meg on BT w holesale test site. This is still slower than line is capabl e of carrying. This is a profile issue n ot s line issue. Spo ke to wholesale who said the profile is 23 meg. Cis tad

Summary
Customer has called and confirmed fault persists
multiple engineers, vlan move, lift and shift all attempted but no resolution
Only thing further I can siggest is a TPM

Kind regards,

[removed]
11:46am, Friday 16 Sep 2016
Dear Mr Bush,

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

Our suppliers have arranged for engineering work to be carried out in the exchange to get you back online. This work will move your line onto another port in the exchange which resolves most faults of this nature. This work usually takes between 1 to 3 days to complete. Once we have another update we will be in touch.

Kind regards,
[removed]

11:56am, Friday 16 Sep 2016
This Question is now on hold until Sunday 18th September at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[removed]
7:05am, Sunday 18 Sep 2016
Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary.
My question has been resolvedI need to add more details

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Customer's email address removed from a public forum.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

@Bushy1972 wrote:
When did you test my line if it was today then no one has been in since 9 this morning and no devices are left on

Plusnet staff may respond to posts on this forum but probably not to a direct question like "when did you test my line".  Provided your router was switched on the line can be tested and it's better to leave the router on all the time than to switch it off when not in use.