Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow slow internet

Fenster
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

slow slow internet

Been having speed problems for a couple of weeks, hardly usable internet now, attaching two images with some stats. Can any one see the problem? thanks
adie:green removed attachments due to personal information showing.]
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: slow slow internet

Hi,
I've done some tests and the line is banded meaning you're getting a slower than expected sync rate. That said, you are banded to 2 to 4Mbit (3.7 sync) so your throughput shouldn't be so slow.
Prior to the speed drops, have you noticed any intermittent connectivity?
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Fenster
Rising Star

Not that I can remember, been slow to load pages sometimes but now its all the time, it varies a bit but getting a lot of 'timed out'
sorry didn't see the personal info I left in the attachments
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
I've checked your connection logs now and they looks really good. The only thing of concern on your line tests are the errors on the line. This was on the downstream so could be outside of your control. However, to rule it out, can you please try plugging your router into your test socket (if you have one) and letting us know when it's done so that I can re-test the line. Thanks.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Fenster
Rising Star

I can tell it's speeded up now because pages are loading like normal but it took ages to first make this original post. The speed varies, comes and goes, don't know why, one minute it's ok then the next very very slow. Something must cause it, very odd. Sorry don't have this test socket thing  :(.
Don't your connection logs see slow speeds over the last two weeks? or is that not what they measure?
thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm going to make some changes to your account which will help your sync speed. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if you still have throughput issues.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Fenster
Rising Star

Thanks, everything seems normal today so far, just did a speed test - 3.52/0.9, don't know if that's of use to you. Thanks for whatever the changes are, the webs great when it works right. I will see how it goes from now. Cheers Smiley
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Your profile has certainly increased, so I'm glad to have helped.
Let us know if you need anything further.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Fenster
Rising Star

I will, thanks  Smiley