cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow internet poor customer services

murphyjl
Hooked

slow internet poor customer services

Been with plusnet for a year and the line speed has never really been that good. 2.5mb on most of my tests carried out at home. Attempted a few phone calls back when I first registered however the 45min wait time put me off following through as I don't have the time for that. Fast forward a year I decide to grasp bull by horns and attempt to get it sorted.

Got through to customer services after 40mins waiting. Got put through the process of taking front off phone line to look for test socket. Established with person that my line does not have a test socket plug. House built in 1980s so must not have fitted one a test socket. The person arranged for the fault to be escalated as he agreed that from his test I was getting 2.8mb. I then asked could I be put through to the department who could perhaps transfer me to Fibre. I was put onto hold once again. After waiting a period the line went dead and I had been disconnected. I could face another 45min wait on the phone to speak to somebody about transferring.

Fast forward to following day and I decided to call late in evening when lines would not be busy. I was informed the wait time would be 45mins . I decided to wait it out. After 75mins I was still on hold. Due to family commitments I could not stay on line any longer.

After three days I get a call from the person testing my line. No real introduction on phone and never asked was it convenient. Short and abrupt would be words I would use to describe telephone manner.  Normally when companies phone during work hours they would ask if its ok to take call at this time.

The plusnet employee told plug into test socket. I tried to explain that I had explained to her colleague I had no test socket. I was unable to communicate this as she was talking over me and not allowing me to speak. I decided to bring that call to an end as I did not have time at work for this long process.

I then receive a text tell me that IF the fault was with my internal wiring or equipment I would be charged £65.  I have no way of knowing if my wiring is faulty and I am worried sick about a £65 charge which I am unable to pay to my already stretched family budget.

Is this level of service normal for plusnet?

2 REPLIES 2
murphyjl
Hooked

Re: slow internet poor customer services

I have also been asked to unplug all telephones from lines and not told when I will be able to plug them back in. I have sent a text to ask when I can plug telephones back in with no reply. This is concerning me as I have an elderly relative who calls and will be worried if they cannot get through to me on telephone. I don't want to simply plug the telephones back in in case this interferes with testing process. No access to my telephone line, slow broadband and the threat of a £65 call out charge is where I am at the moment.

Is this normal level of service from PlusNet?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: slow internet poor customer services

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  No this is not normal service - what you've had is rather shoddy and I'm sure that when one of the staffers picks this up, the matter will be dealt with.

In the meantime, just plug your phone / equipment back in.  The tests would have been completed during the phone call.

There is a lot you can do to help yourself with slow speeds - start of by reading the slow speed topic (link below).

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.