cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow connection

jonco60

slow connection

i am a new customer to plusnet which was fine for a couple of days but now it takes over 3 mins to connect and another  2 mins to settle down before i can surf,ihave done the router test (which is my own netgear) for the tech lads at plusnet now they want to send out a engineer but i am not paying 60 pounds just for them to tell me its my fault, i had no bother with connection speed when i was with aol cannot go on like this much longer its like going back to the first computers. any ideas.
thanks john.  Sad
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: slow connection

Please provide the information requested here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Welcome to the forum jonco60,
i am not paying 60 pounds just for them to tell me its my fault

The reason we mention this is not because we wan't to defer any blame or charge you unnecessarily. We want to help rule anything out that might be a cause of the fault within your premises before considering an engineer visit, we can even send a router out to you to rule that out as a cause if need be.
I've run some checks against your account and can see that disconnections might be an issue that could be causing the reduced speeds. Assuming you're not powering the router off and on frequently I'd advise raising a fault here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonco60

i do switch off my router every time i come off the computer is this wrong
john
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Yes it is
jonco60

thanks jim so its best to leave it on all the time, any how i have logged on twice today first time for 2 days and it connected straight away
john