cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow connection can anyone help please

robbynomates

slow connection can anyone help please

my connection speed seems to be running slower than it should. i have run the connection speed test and it says its runnning slower than it should but i do not understand why. i ran the connection test today (sunday) twice and got the results of 82.8 and 109.5 kbps, in comparison to a test i did in sept with the result of 5057.8kbps
i have a basic knowledge really and i dont even know where to start
if anyone could sugget anything id be extremely grateful
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: slow connection can anyone help please

It looks like your connection line rate (set by the BT exchange) has been hovering between 1mb and 500kb for the past month or so. It's likely that you've plugged something new into the line that isn't filtered or is going through a faulty filter that's causing interference. Please check your connection rate as reported by the connection hardware (up and downstream sync rates) - if you don't know how to get this please see the page at http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm
I suspect this will be around the 1mb mark currently. Once you have checked this please connect the ADSL hardware to the BT master socket and unplug everything else throughout the premises, then reboot the router. If nothing has changed when you check the line stats report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net - otherwise plug things in one by one and check the snc rate after each until you find the culprit.
Also as it's the season it's probably worth unplugging christmas lights and such as the electrical interference from these can cause similar slowdowns.
Hope that helps,
robbynomates

seeems to have made a difference thankyou
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, if it comes back or there's anything else we can do please let us know.