cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow browsing speed since last night

aj1soad
Grafter

slow browsing speed since last night

ive been getting ridicilously slow speeds since last night. most of the time its just loading and loading webpages and not loading it all. its the same on all the pcs and mobiles. due to switching the router on and off im sure my speed has now been set lower aswell. anyone else been getting problems?
9 REPLIES 9
aj1soad
Grafter

Re: slow browsing speed since last night

Well I've given up. No internet and I can't even log onto the router. Second time this has happened now and ther is no way im gona sign up for another year to get s free router. How do I go about cancelling my internet so I can go with BT?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to hear your connections not working, I'd firstly suggest raising a fault and completing the diagnostic questions, you can do this either via http://faults.plus.net, 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 from a contract mobile phone.
If your connection is still not working once this has been raised with us our faults team will check over your connection and run the necessary checks to establish the cause and update you in how we'll get this resolved.
aj1soad
Grafter

its another faulty thomson router. how do i go about getting my MAC code?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see your connection is working, is that with an alternative router or your Thomson router?
If you did wish to get you MAC code, you'd need to speak with our customer options team on 0800 432 0200 and they can arrange this.
I'm more than happy to help get your connection issue sorted unless it was just the router that was the cause.
Midville
Grafter

Chris,
Don't want to hijack AJ thread however really slow here too - is the planned maintenance from mid to 8am this morning complete?
Please find my speed test attached from this morning seem really slow - will raise a ticket if everything seems ok from your end
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Midville,
The planned maintenance was actually yesterday morning, which completed fine.
I've just been running a few basic checks on your account and can't see any obvious issues there, the connection has been stable of late and no obvious problems are flagged up on diagnostic tests. As you say I'd go ahead and log this issue with us anyway: http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Midville
Grafter

Thanks Adam - I give it an hour or so these rural North Yorkshire exchanges can be awkward at time Smiley
aj1soad
Grafter

im using a spare router i had. ive already signed up to another provider now
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that, if you would like your connection looked into in the meantime you'd still need to run through our faults wizard and I'll make sure we get this picked up and looked into.