cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow broband and Noise on phone line

khan5
Dabbler

slow broband and Noise on phone line

hi plusnet support team my have issue with my phone line and slow broadband agin it happen before first week of plusnet boradband start and now again can u please check the phone line and slow broadband .thanks

14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: slow broband and Noise on phone line

Hi there,

Sorry to see you've been having problems.

I've tested the line and no issues are being flagged up.

Can you please make sure the checks here have been followed https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ do let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
khan5
Dabbler

Hi can u please check it again because my broadband not work all day still orange and red light flashin and phone line ded no tone in phone set
Tags (1)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, tests are indicating a fault with the line.

Please report that with us here so we get all the information we need from you to investigate it further: https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

Drop us a reply back here when you have and I'll make sure that gets picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
khan5
Dabbler

Hi it says call to customers service nothing else. Can u please fix my phone line. Thanks
khan5
Dabbler

Hi all the information right and can plus net support team fix it thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you report it using the link provided please?

Send me a reply here when you have.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
khan5
Dabbler

https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/
I have click on link and when I click on check my line it comes up call to this number 0800 I am using my mobile at moment
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've tested your line and it's showing a potential issue with your internal equipment. I've created a support ticket on your account that has the next steps and what testing we'd need. You can view that here and if you reply with the information required we'll get that progressed.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
khan5
Dabbler

hi i have folow the vedio and fond my hub 5 gone fualty when i unplug router phone tone come up when i plug router in phone tone gone .can u please replace fualty hub 5 please.thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,

Given what you've mentioned and the results we were seeing on a line test yesterday I don't think the router is faulty, it sounds more likely that the equipment might be connected to the line incorrectly.

Is the socket the router connects to an Openreach branded one with two sockets such as the one shown here?

fttc_OpenReach_socket.jpg

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
khan5
Dabbler

hi plusnet support team can u please check why noise margin very low on my line and can u put up to 9db .thanks

Chris
Legend

Is the noise margin being low causing you any issues? We're happy to request an increase to 9db, but this will lose you some speed.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
khan5
Dabbler

hi yes becauseyester day it went down to 1.5 db and i have slow broadband and disconaction put 9db for week or 2 and will see how it going.

Chris
Legend

That's been put through for you. It should take effect within the next few hours.