Did you mean: 

slow broadband

FIXED
ibrox40
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

slow broadband

Hi

I usually get about 12mb tonight to struggling around 1mb.

Can someone check my line?

thanks,

32 REPLIES 32
ibrox40
Dabbler

Re: slow broadband

FAQ Results Image not loaded 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 0.64 Mbps 0 Mbps 1 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.64 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-1 Mbps. IP Profile for your line is - 1.09 Mbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 0.01 Mbps 0 Mbps 0.83 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.01Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time. It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly. If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

The Bt test shows a poor result previously I got around 12mb

ibrox40
Dabbler

Just checked my phone line also with PN no dial tone, how come I even get 1mb with a phone line with no dial tone?

bin
Aspiring Pro

That sounds nasty. Guessing that you've already stuck connection direct into the test socket, connected with ethernet, not wifi, swapped filter, rebooted router?

Is there any noise on the phone line 17070 select quiet line test?

ibrox40
Dabbler

Nothing just dead, phone unusable and b/b at a snail pace.

bin
Aspiring Pro

Sounds like a line failure somewhere.

Not sure if your connection would stand the webchat - or are you able to use mobile data - but you may need to get on to CS queue. I'd get there about 7.30 if I were you - may have a bit of a wait.

Mention dead phone line as it is relevant. Not sure if this would go in as a voice or BB failure. The fact there's no line suggests that's the cause and it has taken bb down with it.

ibrox40
Dabbler

thanks,

I do have limited internet usage not mobile just my laptop, can't call so need to do this online.

Amazed the bb is even working with no dial tone on the phone line.

bin
Aspiring Pro

Extremely lucky it is still working. As you have a bit of time in hand - I'd suggest you type out an explanation of what has happened and what you have done to identify or try to fix yourself in notepad or whatever. Look through and make sure it is logical and clear. That way you can just copy and paste into chat window. When chat finishes/closes do make sure you request email copy of chat for future use/evidence.

Hope you get a quick solution.

ibrox40
Dabbler

thanks for the advice

Telecom_Green
Dabbler

Remarkably, broadband works (just!) with one leg of the cable to your house disconnected.  Don't ask me how, but it does.  The first time I encountered this, I thought the customer was confused, misled, or picking up wifi from a neighbour. 

Nope!  It does work, normally at about a third of the speed.

If you connect onto the test port of the master socket and still have the same problem, I'd guess that this is an Openreach network problem, and one leg has become disconnected.  No risk of an engineering charge if this is the case, although customer service people will warn you of this.  It's Openreach's issue, providing that you've not tapped into their cable on your premises before it reaches the master socket.

HTH

Rob.

ibrox40
Dabbler

update

Telecom_Green
Dabbler

Ah! Success! 🙂

I must say that Plusnet customer service are one of the better, if not the best ISP support departments that I deal with in my day job.  Don't even get me started on the others....

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @ibrox40 thank you for your private message

I have checked your fault and I can see this has been raised to Openreach this morning when you performed a line test via the Member Centre. We've been given an estimated response time of by 16/03/17 23:59:59.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ibrox40
Dabbler

Thank you

ibrox40
Dabbler

Fix

Hi

Thanks, looks like you were correct, not a problem at my end but at openreach.

Thanks for the feedback.