cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow broadband

Teds31
Grafter

slow broadband

I am having a load of trouble with my internet connection it is slow and keeps dropping out. I have tried all the usual things but nothing makes any difference my phone line is also noisy and crackling. Can anyone help. Ted  

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: slow broadband

Hello there. Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow speeds and a noisy line.

I've tested your line and have found no fault, so I've opened a ticket on your account with a few checks you can do before we arrange an engineer appointment to investigate further.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Teds31
Grafter

speed is back to near normal, this problem has been giving trouble for months on and off. probably local phone lines,cant be bothered with all tests.Thanks for your reply. Ted

jack2

I also am suffering with a very slow broadband  for a few weeks now and I have  been contacting the help  and support a number of times, on my first attempt it was resolved but within a short while went back to a slow 0.18mbs after a number of calls and checks I was told to do, still no increase of speed this is proving to be a very bad service and I am getting very upset

Egbert_Nosh
Hooked

Sounds familiar. Mine has also been hovering around 0.18Mbps, although currently at 0.09Mbps, for about a week. I have a ticket open but no response for days. It seems one gets a better response by opening a thread on here, although not by responding to one, as we have just done.

Teds31
Grafter

Hi Jack and Egbert, I am still having trouble on and off obviously an intermittent fault which are as I know VERY difficult to find. The problem is that PN want you to jump though loads of hoops that always fail to help and then they offer help with the threat of a £50 fine if you get it wrong. I will just carry on with the problem and hope it goes away, from what I hear from the club I run most ISPs are the same so no point in changing till things get too bad. Ted.