cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow broadband after phone fault fixed

judithps12

slow broadband after phone fault fixed

Hi
My first post so apologies if I get something wrong.  Grateful for any help re my problem.
Our phone went dead almost 2 weeks ago - initially misdiagnosed as an exchange fault, eventually diagnosed as a connection hanging on by a thread at the top of the telegraph pole.  Just enough connection in the meantime for intermittent broadband - good enough for emails, but not much else.
The line was fixed yesterday and the BT Openreach engineer said broadband should be up to speed again, but 30 hours on there is no improvement - dsl diagnostics from router below.
I am reluctant to report via the troubleshooter as I was told that if I post another comment we will go to the back of the queue (the reason apparently why plusnet did not get back to me when I posted additional comments after the initial misdiagnosis re the phone fault, when it was supposed to have been fixed but hadn't been).
I assume our speed has been cut back because it "retrained" while the phone was out, and now needs to be reset?  If so, how do I ask for it to be done please?
Router stats:
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,260 / 17,236
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 443 / 568
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 69.88 / 327.59
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 7.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 9.0 / 17.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 32.0 / 31.5

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: slow broadband after phone fault fixed

Quote from: judithps12
I assume our speed has been cut back because it "retrained" while the phone was out, and now needs to be reset?  If so, how do I ask for it to be done please?

You just did and all you need now is for a Digital Care Team member to spot this topic tomorrow.
Welcome to the forum Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
judithps12

Beginning to think we are being deliberately ignored as I have had no response from PN to this Forum post or to my other attempts to contact them.  The phone is fixed, but our broadband is still impossibly slow..
Looks like we will go into a third week without a decent broadband service.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there
I'm just getting your line reset now which should improve your speeds
I'll pop a update on your open question once I've got this sorted
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
judithps12

Just to say a big thankyou for sorting out our broadband on Friday evening -  at last we can use Google maps, iplayer, Netflix etc again
You restored my faith in Plusnet!