Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow as a snail

heatherb1947
Dabbler

slow as a snail

hi everyone
my name is Heather.
we have just got plusnet broadband @ upto 16mb we were advised an estimate of 13 mb was possible on our line we are however only getting a max of 2.2mb is anyone else suffering this problem.
24 REPLIES 24
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: slow as a snail

Hi Heather,
Welcome to the forums and PlusNet.  You will find on here PlusNet Digital Care Team (DCT) staff during Mon-Fri office hours who have the ability to look at what is going on as well as lots of experienced users who try to offer help where they can (such as myself) - though sometimes we might get things a bit wrong!
First can you tell me what product your are on - ADSL or fibre?
If ADSL, can you get the line stats from the router and post them here please.  The "slow speed" 'sticky' thread at the top of this forum will provide you with the guidance you need to do this.
Any difficulty, please post back here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

heatherb1947
Dabbler

hi thanks for replying, we are ADSL  I have spoken to plusnet tech support and they told me to do speedtest  with bt wholesale which I have done. but got a message say within acceptable ranges 0-4mbps
not sure how to get line stats from router.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Heather,
BT's range of acceptability is quite wide!
Everything you need to know an e found in the 'slow speed' thread here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html - just follow the links.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi heatherb1947,
Welcome to the Forums!
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your speed!
I've had a look into your account and can see that you raised a fault yesterday. This has been logged and our Faults team will carry out their investigation and get back in touch as soon as possible.
heatherb1947
Dabbler

Well, have to say.... Honestly, so far,  not impressed . we were advised that on the 16mb tarrif that our could handle estimated speeds of upto 13mb so far still haven't seen over 3mb most times we struggle to get 2.5mb  very disappointed  we have ping of 21ms download of 2.21 Mbps and upload of 0.98Mbps time 17:36
had we known this we probably would have gone to bt who we were with about 4 years ago
COME ON PLUSNET PLEASE SORT THIS OUT
deejayburnout
Grafter

Hi
How long has your line been activated for?
When i joined up 4 weeks ago, the first 10 days were a bit of a pain as the line is going through its initial setup stages. After that it will settle down.
It is also important that you keep your router switched on all the time. If you keep turning it off at bedtime say, it will cause havoc with your connection.
heatherb1947
Dabbler

been active over 10 days we dont switch router off
plusnet were supposed to call us b4 6pm sat but they didnt
still under 3mb
heatherb1947
Dabbler

09:58 today
heatherb1947
Dabbler

heatherb1947
Dabbler

this was taken at 17:36 and we still struggle to get 2mb
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3486578647
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi heatherb1947,
I'm really sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing. Our Faults Team have made some changes to your line a couple of weeks ago which doesn't appear to have resolved the issue. I've passed your Fault Ticket back to them for further investigation - I've added some notes onto the ticket so please bear with us whilst we investigate this issue for you.
chrisc1977
Dabbler

bump
Exact same issue, same characteristics; new customer, line says average 13mb but crawling at <2
Surely this isn't a coincidence?
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

chrisc1977,
I'm sure I completed a reset on your line yesterday which looked to have resolved the issue?
If it hasn't, can you confirm that the speed tests you're running are being run directly via Ethernet?
heatherb1947
Dabbler

thanks Chris
will test with cable tomorrow mid morning and post results, have say exasperated couple of days ago test returned a reading of (if memory serves correctly) 215ms ping 0.78 mb download and 1.09 mb upload.