cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow adsl following outage

joan1

slow adsl following outage

Follwing a significant outage requiring a visit from a (multiskilled) BT engineer, and installation of a new router (the old one having fried) my ADSL connection is running very slowly. I can get e-mail, but web pages are loading slowly if at all (I can't get on to Amazon, eg)

The MyBroadband speed test shows 2.89 d/l and 0.29 u/l. I'm on an 8Mb package.

Any suggestions as to how I can improve the connection, or is this something that Plusnet can work its magic on?

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: slow adsl following outage

Hi there,

Line tests seem to be indicating a "metallic bearer fault" this usually involves repairs at the exchange so I'd get that reported as a broadband issue over at http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joan1

Re: slow adsl following outage

OK. After some improvement in the service (I can now use Skype voice and get e-mail) I'm still having problems with the web. Cannot get to www.amazon.co.uk, for example (it connects but never seems able to load any text or pictures).

Have tried disconnect/reconnecting the router in case it was a problem with the ip address. But I can't get to an IP checking website to find out where my IP address is located.  Rebooted the router (often). Cleared the Firefox cache. Tried a different device (Chrome on an iPad has exacly the same problem). Changed the DNS server on the router.

Am now a bit stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks!