cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky on demand TV

mary1

sky on demand TV

Hi my son just connected my Sky  TV On demand connector - he asked if I have unlimited broadband otherwise my usage will go up and may incur additional charges?
is this correct?
Can you confirm if  I have unlimited broadband I can't find original contract documentation , been with PN some time now.
thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: sky on demand TV

Take a look here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 for details of your account.
You're looking for Plusnet Unlimited.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: mary1
Hi my son just connected my Sky  TV On demand connector -

I assume you mean a NOWTV box.
I use a Roku LT, on which NOWTV box is based, and use about 150Gb a month.
You definitely need unlimited and, if you don't have it, restrict your usage until you get it or it'll prove very expensive.
Visit http://community.nowtv.com/ for more info regarding box.
Bud
Grafter

Quote from: nadger
I assume you mean a NOWTV box.

You can connect the Sky HD box to the broadband for on demand content which gets downloaded to the box and older boxes can get a wifi connector to enable you to use that feature without having to use Ethernet to connect it to the router.
dragon2611
Grafter

As Bud Said the SkyHD boxes can be hooked up to the broadband and then you get various things on-demand, the available content depends entirely on what channels you subscribe to but for instance if you are subscribed to Movies then you can watch them on demand.
The box will download the requested content to it's harddrive using a progressive download technology (I.e you can start watching it before the download completes), they then show up in the planner just like something you'd recorded would.
I think the HD Movies tend to be a few GB each and the SD ones around 1GB so if you have a small usage limit it could use it quite quick