cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky catch up

trund246

sky catch up

I am a new plus net customer,no problem with sky connection with my other provider,as soon as i switched,cannot get sky catch up,sky have gone through every possibility
and have told me setting need to be changed in the router,when i rang plus net ,they never had a clue what to do,told me to change gaming setting,that did not work,then i was told something about forwarding ports which i dont have a clue about,i hope some one can help with this problem,thank you in advance
18 REPLIES 18
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: sky catch up

You probably just need to reboot your Sky box so that it gets issued a new IP address from the router!
It's likely that the router of your previous supplier used a different IP range to that of PlusNet.
Geoff,
York.
demonix01
Grafter

I'm actually having a similar issue with it not being able to connect to on demand services, and the network information on the sky box shows that it has an IP address from the same range that the plusnet router uses with the connection to on demand section showing a great big fail (although the suggested fix for this is to turn to enable on demand downloading off and then on (saving the changed at each point), turning off the sky box along with the router and then turning them back on, but I haven't done that to it's completion since I don't want DLM to kick in from any attempts I'd make to get everything working between the two devices).
GeordieMark
Grafter

Hooked mine up no problem, connected the ethernet cable and the sky box picked it up straight away. If you're on FTTC try rebooting just the router, not the modem
LukeS
Grafter

Hi trund246,
Welcome to the community. Did rebooting the router fix your problem?
demonix01
Grafter

Quote from: Mark_
Hooked mine up no problem, connected the ethernet cable and the sky box picked it up straight away. If you're on FTTC try rebooting just the router, not the modem

Mine is by Wi-Fi, not wire and I've already had to reboot the router to clear a connection issue during scheduled maintenance and it is still showing a fail for connecting to on demand, but  I haven't done a shut down and restart of the sky box.
trund246

Thanks for all replys,rebooted the router,and sky box,still the same,ive got a very angry wife,because it was me who changed providers Crazy
anniesboy
Rising Star

I cant believe it is anything to do with Plusnets router, I have two Sky boxes connected one wireless and one  cable.
I have recently moved to fibre.
How are you trying to connect to Sky box ?cable or wireless ?
Also I found that even when connected catch up takes quite some time show up.
You could try raising your query on Sky forum,this must be solvable .
NedLudd
Grafter

Can you describe the (physical) connection twixt router and Sky box?
Is it wifi or Ethernet? Are there Homeplugs in use?
I had Sky when I switched to PN and everything worked 'out of the box'. It has to be a basic simple fault somewhere!
Geoff,
York.
gt1974

Pretty much exact same problem. Formerly with BT, ethernet cable from sky+ box to router, no problem. Now with Plusnet router (T582n) sky box will not connect. In network settings section of sky box it just says Connection to Broadband router : Fail. In the router Home Network section it just doesn't see anything on the ethernet port the cable from the sky box is plugged in to. (I have tried other devices on this port, work fine, and tried the sky box on all 4 ports) My wife is not happy as can't get kid's fave programs on demand. 
NedLudd
Grafter

Could you try a different cable twixt router and Sky box?  Undecided
Geoff,
York.
demonix01
Grafter

Quote from: trund246
Thanks for all replys,rebooted the router,and sky box,still the same,ive got a very angry wife,because it was me who changed providers Crazy

Did you do what I suggested before you turned off the box and router of disabling and enabling on demand downloading (saving the change at each point) as it is something suggested on the sky website and was pointed to by one user who was responding to another with a similar problem.
gt1974

Not sure if it's bad form to intrude on thread started by some one else (?) If so will start my own...
Yep have tried a different known good cable. Both cables work fine connecting laptop to router (And disconnecting wireless obv...)
It's like the router just refuses to recognise the sky box exists. Have tried the usual combination of powering down one or both devices and still nothing. Firmware version in router is 10.2.2.B which I think is latest.
One is peeved. 
NedLudd
Grafter

In this case, as you both have the identical problem it would be best to keep it in the same thread!
It sounds like the Sky box has the wrong IP address for the router/gateway, so can you both confirm that the Sky box has the correct I.P. address for the router?
Geoff,
York.
gt1974

The default state of the sky box is have DHCP enabled. I have also tried putting the router IP (and other settings) in manually, rebooting the skybox and this doesn't work either.