cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router password

roamingrich

router password

Hi
I'm new to the Plusnet community and so far everything looks good.
I have tried logging in as admin to the plusnet technicolour router to check some settings. I have used the username and password as supplied with the router, taking care to note the case sensitivity; username = admin and password is the serial number. After numerous attempts i can't access the router - is this a probelm for the helpdesk or is there any known fix via the forum?
I'm trying to up the WiFi browsing speed. If hardwired to the router i get 71Mb but wireless drops to 42Mb.
Thanks all
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: router password

Typical Technicolor passwords begin 'CP' followed by a string of numbers and letters.  Omit any trailing symbols.  It's not a bad idea to write out the password in a text editor (like Notepad) so you can see it is correct then copy and paste it to the login Window.  On a PC you can use Ctrl and v to paste.   
Smufter
Dabbler

I am having exactly the same problem (amongst others)
Embarrassed
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey Roamingrich,
Just a thought - Is your wireless device that you're using Wireless G or Wireless N? If it's wireless G, that might explain it as the max you'll get including overheads is about 54Mbps.
Changing the wireless channel might improve things, but it's ultimately down to the wireless adapter too.
Hope this helps,
Matt
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi roamingrich,
Have you managed to access your router interface yet?
I've dropped you a PM.
Chris
roamingrich

Thanks Chris - the 802.11 g or n was exactly the reason for wanting to access the router and ensure it is set for best speed.
Thanks for the PM's and the help - i'll check that out tonight and let you know