cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router on router off

welshviking
Grafter

router on router off

Having a mare today with losing my connection all the time, keep getting this message on screen, its actually just gone again while i am typing this message

Not Connected...
Your DSL connection is down.
Verify if your Thomson Gateway is correctly connected to your DSL line. For more information consult your documentation.
the router is a thomson tg585 v7
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: router on router off

Hi there,
I've just had a look at our connection logs for your line and t certainly doesn't look good.
Can you possibly ensure that you are connecting directly to your master socket via a filter (and try changing that filter).  Also, try disconnecting all of your other telephony devices and see if you're able to hold onto the connection for an hour.
Failing that you'd need to look at trying a different router and raising a fault if that doesn't help.  If you can't borrow a router from someone, I'd be happy to send you out a loan one.
welshviking
Grafter

Thanks James, i have stil got it plugged into the test socket cause the speed problems i have had in the last week or so. I will change the filter and i will unplug all the phones as requested, i may take you up on the loan of the router i will let you know how i get on....Thanks Colin
James
Grafter

Thanks Colin.
Keep me posted Smiley
welshviking
Grafter

Ok James, phones have been unplugged for over 1 hour, changed the filter and its been fine , no problems at all.....Shall i plug the phones back in to see if it drops out again....Colin
James
Grafter

Please do, yes.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@welshviking
Hi Colin, I've just posted in your thread on the Broadband speed board - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77094.msg622728.html#msg622728
It would be more useful if you continued this there as all the history is there rather than continuing with a new thread which will be confusing.