cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returning to plusnet from orange..

kazz44

returning to plusnet from orange..

hi all,
i've been with orange for the past couple of years but im going over to 3 for my mobile contract and im switching my home broadband to plusnet as i wont get orange bb anymore
i've just given them  my mac code tonight so i've been told it will be about 7 days from now; i have a siemens router that orange provided me with after my livebox broke while i was with them..and plusnet reckon i should be able to still use it for my plusnet contract
cant wait to switch! i've been with plusnet before and i never had any problems last time:D
i would do without broadband but as my phone signal isnt great indoors [and i use my phone for tethering on 3] its difficult to do so indoors so i want broadband there so i know i've got a connection
look forward to joining in on the forums!! Smiley Smiley
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: returning to plusnet from orange..

Hi kazz44,
Welcome back to Plusnet and to the community forums!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kazz44

thanks adam, im due to go live on 1st december! cant wait!!
ps streaming videos etc, does that include bbc iplayer?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Streaming yes downloading no
kazz44

so..downloading music and films i will be charged for, things like that?
general surfing, ive got the 60gb package, that is unlimited? thats what i read...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

All traffic to and from your computer to the Internet is charged against your allowance between 8am and midnight. From midnight to 8am usage isn't counted against your allowance and you can use as much as you like.
For usage accounting it doesn't make any difference what type of traffic it is. The traffic type only affects prioritisation so that interactive traffic, such as VoIP, streaming, surfing and gaming is given priority over non-interactive traffic such as P2P and downloads.
David
kazz44

thanks for that! is it ok to turn the router off during the day so i dont run up excess usage?
i will try and do most of my downloads/streaming after midnight!! Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not a good idea at all - the usage when idle will usually be less than 250kB during the day or 750kB in 24 hours which will have no significant effect on your usage
kazz44

ok jim, thanks for that
the only time it will be switched off is when im away at work but i see your point, i will keep it on most of the time otherwise