Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset?

rzr
Hooked

reset?

We only have 0.2mbps download speed again. The BT speed test says: 0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed.
This happened before, but was fixed after the line was un banded and the connection reset.

However, after we were back up to speed, I then had an email saying that interleaving was going to be turned on. (I did not request this) After that, it slowed right down again.

Are my speeds being banded/restricted again? How do I ask an operator to try a reset? I would rather do this before an engineer is called out.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: reset?

Hi there, after running a test it does look like the connection has been banded again.

Interleaving is a form of error correction that helps to improve the stability of a connection, so should not be the cause of the issues. Looks like interleaving was automatically added after an upgrade on your line.

I can get this reset for you and lift the banding again however with this happening for a second time, it would suggest that there may be an underlying issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rzr
Hooked

Could you try and reset it anyway please? Thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Done Smiley

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rzr
Hooked

It's back up to speed again - thanks.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great, just let us know if there are any further issues.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@rzr wrote:

Are my speeds being banded/restricted again? How do I ask an operator to try a reset? I would rather do this before an engineer is called out.

The DLM does not band a line for "no good reason" - if its happened twice, its likely to happen again and again until the cause of the (intermittent) issue (typically an iffy joint) is rectified.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.