cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request dlm reset

redox
Hooked

request dlm reset

My broadband has dropped to .2mb download and appears to be fixed at this low speed, router as been

Connected for 3 days+ with no errors in router stats. I have tried different router and filters test socket but same result

Speed dropped approx 2 weeks ago with builders interrupting power in house ,which appears to have reduced speed but has not recovered. So can you please reset dlm to see if I can regain speed

16 REPLIES 16
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: request dlm reset

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. Can you please post your router stats.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SFJSmith
Hooked

Hi,

I'd like to request this too. I've had an intermittent fault for quite some time (months) but, due to my personal circumstances, it has had to wait until I was able to investigate the problem which turned out to be due to the line connections in the street cabinet being under water. The BT engineer fixed that last Tuesday (27th June)  but the dlm is showing no signs of retraining and I'm now stuck with ADSL Up/Down of 968/572 kbps. with my IP profile nailed at 0.5Mbps

Before the fault was fixed, the SN margins were 2.1/1.5 dB but are now 6.2/18.3 dB

Before the fault occurred, I was getting ADSL of the order 1/8 Mbps with IP Profile around 6Mbps

Could somebody please arrange for the dlm to be reset as I was told by the BT engineer that the system would start to retrain after 24 hours but it has yet t begin & I'm getting sick of waiting for things to download

Steve

redox
Hooked

My router  stats

Adsl line speed up 824 down 288

Line attenuation up 31.4 down 53.6

Sn  margin up 6.5 down 12.3

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That line is being aggressively managed by the DLM - at that SNRM is expect there to be no errors. I suspect that something more than a single interruption of the power has happened to cause this.

Recommend that if you've not checked out the speed issues thread that you do so and then raise a BB fauktvreport - see links below. There's a risk that a reset might be ineffectual if there is an underlying fault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

redox
Hooked

The power supply was going out multiple times per day over approx 2 wks , not just once, speed was approx 2.6 before builders came

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Fair dos, but a 53dB attenuated line should do better than 2.5Mbps.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 31.5 53.5
SNR Margin: 6.0 23.8
Errored Seconds: 1 0
HEC Errors: 2  
Cell Count: 56021 91160
Speed: 788 288

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2848 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2278
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 651
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 86400

I've reset your line now.

Let us know now it goes over the next hour or so.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SFJSmith
Hooked

Would you reset my line too, please? I've had a gradually worsening line fault for some months. It was fixed on Tuesday 26th n (BT engineer said water in street cabinet)  but I appear to be stuck at 968 / 572 with an IP profile of 0.5 Mbps with no sign of the line retraining. The Line stats are now

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,4 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 22,1 / 44,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5,5 / 18,3

Before the fault, I used to get ADSL sync at approx 1/7 Mbps Up/Down with IP profile about 6Mbps

Cheers,

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sure thing. It looks like you're in the same position redox was, but with a slightly higher speed.

Line has been reset now, let us know how you get on within the next hour or so.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SFJSmith
Hooked

Oh, that's much better Smiley Thank you very much, Gandalf

Steve!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear that Steve, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
redox
Hooked

My broadband as failed again with only 288 download 852 upload sir 6.5  27.3 . Was noisy on line about a 2 wks ago but now appears to be stuck at .288 download and unusable. Can you please reset dlm again as this fixed the problem for approx 8 wks , until I had noise on line.

Steve

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If the line is (intermittently ?) noisy then the cause of that needs to be resolved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello Steve.

I've just reset your line now. But I agree with . The next time your line is noisy can you run through the troubleshooting guides here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ and let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet