cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regular loss of broadband connection

Vetman

regular loss of broadband connection

I have been a PlusNet customer using the Unlimited package for several years. There have been the odd occasions when the broadband drops off. Sometimes I can cure this by re-setting the router (TP-link) but recently it is happening on a regular basis very often around the 1800hrs time. (The TP-link router is the third router I have tried to resolve this problem.) I have been keeping a redord of some of these outages over the past few days - 16th April 1800-1845 - 17th April No outages - 18th April 1745-1845 - 19th 1815 - 2120 - 21st 1400- about 1530 - today 0847- 0915.

We have been unable to use Netflix or Amazon Prime Video as the  connection often drops halfway through the film. I appreciate that 1800hrs can be a "spike" time in broadband usage but it does not account for all the disconnections. Speaking with my local computer engineer he tells me that four of my neighbours - in about a 200 metre radius - are experiencing the same problem. They all use different broadband providers - EE, Sky, BT and, my own, PlusNet. They are continually fobbed off by saying that the problem lies with their home set-up as they have tested the BT lines  and no fault has shown up. I'm sorry but I don't believe this. These neighbours have asked me to act on their behalf as Plusnet is part of BT. Please don't fb us off again.

A couple of years ago our immediate neighbour had repeated problems with her telephone. BT insisted that it was an internal fault until she got angry and insisted on a personal visit by an Open Reach engineer who found a russted hoe in the metal box at the top of the telegrapg pole and a poll of water in the bottom - and all this in spite of the BT computer saying that there was no outside fault.

Since Pkusnet is an offshoot of BT I consider it is your respnsibility to rectify this problem. An Open Reach engineer is seen at least four times a week working on the green junction box in the village while 18 months ago the actual excahnge onlt 200 metres from our house in [Removed] was apparently converted to fibre but none of us in the cimmunity have seen any apparent benefit.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Excessive white space removed.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

3 REPLIES 3
Sarah9

Re: regular loss of broadband connection

Hi, my broadband is also not working this morning. I tried to report the fault to PlusNet through their web service, but it just tells me as my router is connected the ticket will be automatically closed. I tried to phone and was told by an automated voice the call would be discontinued because there is no one to take my call. I was directed to this forum instead. When this happened two or so weeks ago, PlusNet sent me a new router which I didnt use at the time as the service came back later that evening. Now, I have plugged this in and set it up, but it has made no difference to my connection. This situation is very annoying and prevents me from working. When I called PlusNet 2 weeks or so ago, they directed me to speed test.btwholesale.com. I am now getting a 705 png rate, 0 download and 0 upload.
Sarah9

Amazingly, I seem to be up and running again now. I may never know what the issue was, but I do wish the government would spend that road building money on keeping us connected by improving the internet infrastructure!
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @Vetman, I have checked the line for you and sent an email with some further info.

@Sarah9, glad to hear everything's working. Let us know if you need any further help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team