cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-enabling the atm interface for ADSL connections on a TG582nFTTC setup router

lotrjw
Grafter

re-enabling the atm interface for ADSL connections on a TG582nFTTC setup router

I am trying to setup the atm interface as extra interface for using internet on a TG582n FTTC setup router.
I want to have the abillity to use the ADSL connection on the router as well, Im sure that its possibe to have both setup, but I dont know what the telnet commands would be to do this. Im hoping someone would know, otherwise I will have to put the other firmware on and set up the PPPoE eWAN port as another connection.
5 REPLIES 5
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: re-enabling the atm interface for ADSL connections on a TG582nFTTC setup router

its a firmware change for the different setups,
one uses the built in modem the other  re-tasks a lan port for use as e-wan.
better option is to just get a different router, what your asking for is possible on routers that are designed for duel wan internet inputs but they generally cost over £100, given that its not possible to use fttc and adsl on the same line why would you want to have both abilities setup in a home router ?
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: re-enabling the atm interface for ADSL connections on a TG582nFTTC setup router

I am trying to setup the atm interface as extra interface for using internet on a TG582n FTTC setup router.
The latest firmware 10.2.5.2 http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114824.0.html from here http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/ has a switch to ADSL mode facility.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you expecting both interfaces to be active and then the router to do something clever with switching between them? If so that's way, way, way beyond the capabilities of the TG582!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
lotrjw
Grafter

Thanks for the help. I have the latest firmware and it appears to have the option to auto sense a connection thats active. Which is near enough what I wanted, its good to know I can use the ADSL interface if I want it.
I wasnt planning to use both at once and I did think that would likely be beyond the capabilities of this router!
lotrjw
Grafter

See post here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118240.msg1025664.html#msg1025664 I have both working and it looks like they could be active at the same time as they both tried to connect!