cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"support" ? 36 hours and waiting...

oldwhitebeard

"support" ? 36 hours and waiting...

Interested to know if others have experienced problems like this...
I discovered through a friend that emails sent to my domain account hosted with PN were bouncing back, checked and found no emails on that account getting through and that my website was down...
Tickets raised with support were taking over 8 hours to answer, and only seemed to be actioned when I rang and pushed them on it. Now, Saturday morning, 36 hours after raising the issue, 48 hours after the fault developed, I still have no website or email and am told that it won't get fixed before Monday as PN 'netwrk' team don't work weekends and there is no else who can help...
Time to switch providers?Huh
7 REPLIES 7
atbs1
Grafter

Re: "support" ? 36 hours and waiting...

Mmmm, your position is not satisfactory. If your website is seeling products and services then a 48hrs problem is not good enough.
Whilst I have not experienced the problems you have I consider that a network person should be on duty over the weekend. Irresponsible otherwise.
oldwhitebeard

Thanks
Here's the time lag between responses:
ticket raised: 1st response 7 hours,
time between 2nd response 10.5 hours
time between 3rd response 11 hours.
I reply as soon as I see it, to any message PN post on the support site, but its taking them so long to sort. 
Is this common?
First, why should a website be down for so long, all my email accounts on that domain are not functioning, either send or receive.
Its not a business account but in my opinion the service leverl response is inadequate.
Oh and i love the messages at the end of the support response that I should 'recommend a friend' [!]

Michael

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Have you tried to send an e-mail to yourself to that domain? How about from that domain to the same domain?
Try that to see what happens. Also, are you able to e-mail out from that domain to the outside world?
Due to your complaints I assume its hosted with PlusNet yea?
oldwhitebeard

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
Have you tried to send an e-mail to yourself to that domain? How about from that domain to the same domain?
Try that to see what happens. Also, are you able to e-mail out from that domain to the outside world?
Due to your complaints I assume its hosted with PlusNet yea?

No, none of the above...tried it all, several times. Yes its hosted with PN. PN were able to send me a test mail, but thats all, and have heard nothing from them since.
I have hosted domains / email accounts elsewhere and they are working OK, so its not a local issue this end
atbs1
Grafter

Of course as you have been denied service you may wish to apply for an appropriate refund of your monthly subscription.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi oldwhitebeard,
I've provided a response to your problem in the thread here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

oldwhitebeard

Quote from: Bob
Hi oldwhitebeard,
I've provided a response to your problem in the thread here.

Bob, many thanks. I have renewed, and am awaiting update from the registration company. Many thanks to your last support agent who spotted this.[yes shame it wasn't earlier...but I should have thought of this too, of course] But the problem persists so I am now not sure if its with PN or the registry.