cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"free" router

neal73

"free" router

I've been with plusnet for quite a while now, and recently changed over to BB Pro, as most of my usage is with xbox live.
Also the promise of a free wireless router to replace my old one was a bonus, however after a few weeks of being moved over to the new tariff I still hadn't received the wireless router, so opened a ticket to query where it was.  The replay stated that I had to ask for it, and pay a £7 p&p charge.
Now I've looked all over the info for the BB Pro package, and nowhere could I find any mention of this - the only charge stated is if I were to leave then I'd have to pay PN £50 for the router.
Add on to this that because I'm an existing customer I don't qualify for the free game either.

Well done plusnet - you really know how to keep your customers happy.
12 REPLIES 12
James
Grafter

Re: "free" router

Hi there,
If you look on this page:
http://www.plus.net/products/option.html?type=bbyw&product=pro
Just below the choices in hardware, it says: All hardware prices exclude P&P at £5.99.
I'm really very sorry that you feel theat we have misled you both from the postage charge perspective and that of the free game.
neal73

Thanks for the reply james - that link only takes me to "upgrade your product".
I'm only a bit narked as until I queried where the router was, there was absolutely no mention of any p&p charge. Maybe you should change to main page advertising BB Pro to indicate this?
Not applicable

You need to be logged out for the link to work correctly as James intends/describes.
Having said that, if you are logged in, and you follow the upgrade path, there is no mention whatsoever of a free router being available at all.
James
Grafter

Hmm.
I would definitely agree that it would make sense to do some work on the upgrades page to reflect the free router offerings.
Leave this with me and I'll see what I can come up with.
Adam1V
Grafter

that is strange.
Personally I would rather spend a bit more money myself on getting a 'brand name' router like netgear or belkin than take the free one.
No disrespect to F9, but the free router is pretty basic, why pay extra for the better service only to use a crappy router Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The BT Voyager 2110 is the router issued for Pro customers, which is a bit more advanced than the standard one for Options 1 and 2.
You can see more info here but the 2110 should be more than enough for most users IMO.
sophos9
Grafter

Nothing wrong with the voyager 2110, little bit old now but does a cracking job...
Any functions you need that is does not accommodate?
Adam1V
Grafter

port forwarding?
(i dont know if it does/doesn't)
I would rather have the BMW over the vauxhall Smiley
gswindale
Grafter

personally as long as it works I'm not bothered.  Similarly with cars as long as they get me from A to B it's fine.
Not applicable

Quote from: Adam1V

A more accurate comparison would be between Lexus and Toyota.
The Lexus is dressed in different clothes, but the build quality is no difference - they simply charge the price the market will stand.
If you want to spend more for something which isn't intrinsically more capable, thats fine. It doesn't make it sound advice however.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: James_H

A more accurate comparison would be between Lexus and Toyota.
The Lexus is dressed in different clothes, but the build quality is no difference - they simply charge the price the market will stand.

It is obvious to me that you have never driven a Lexus 400 series car.
sophos9
Grafter

Quote from: Adam1V
port forwarding?
(i dont know if it does/doesn't)

haha. It does all that, port forwarding, dmz etc etc.
Why pay more, they all use the same chipset (well not everyone but a load of em...)
Seriously, this router is a good one, check the reviews for a non-biased opinion!