Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This will happen on 14/05/2014 "

2Senile
Grafter

"This will happen on 14/05/2014 "

Your Plusnet Fibre broadband order
We'll arrange for your fibre broadband service to be installed. This will happen on 14/05/2014

Nope.  Shocked
However, checking Account Details & then selecting "order status" gives me ......
Your broadband order should complete on 15th May 2014 - After 12pm.

Moving heavy furniture was a #@### & I'm not looking forward to doing it again tomorrow needlessly so can somebody give me some accurate info?
We'll email you at  ********.plus.com to tell you about the progress of your order and when your service should be ready. We'll also include some useful help to get you up and running.

Nope!
Slightly disappointed with the experience.  Sad
10 REPLIES 10
All4One
Grafter

Re: "This will happen on 14/05/2014 "

Have you had the engineer out? What lights are on the fibre modem?
2Senile
Grafter

Nothing at all!
I was expecting a BT engineer to call & fit a new pre-filtered master socket & the extention for PN fibre.
Haven't called support or anything yet; just thought I'd see if I could get some info from plusNet in the forum before starting the "official" route.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi 2Senile,
I've taken a look at your account and unfortunately the fibre order hasn't linked up with the phone order and it has now cancelled, apologies we haven't made you aware of this. Your phone order is due to go through but now for the 19th, I'd recommend that we cancel this order so you don't lose your current broadband service as we won't be able to get your fibre order for the 19th.
If you do decide this I'd suggest contacting your current provider to make sure they don't disconnect yet services, I know this is not your fault I'm just trying to make sure you're not left without any service for a period of time.
We can then place a new order to provide both services and make sure this do go ahead as scheduled.
Apologies for this.
2Senile
Grafter

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.
I'm the father of the account holder who is currently at work (I'm the M**** under authorised to deal with the account). I will discuss this matter this evening & then decide how to proceed.
I'd like to change my earlier statement of  .. "Slightly disappointed with the experience."  .... to . ... very disappointed & shocked.
2Senile
Grafter

Little update:
We have requested the Telephone transfer due on the 19th to be cancelled & the initial whole order to be restarted. The account holder will contact our current provider in order to (attempt to) insure we are not cut off.
We'll see how things go ........ this time.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've updated your account with the new order and I'll be keeping a close eye to make sure this goes ahead.
I've popped a ticket(#85695286) on the account which can be viewed here.
Again, apologies.
2Senile
Grafter

Thanks Chris.
"30/05/2014" No problem for me at all.
I won't be charging Bank Overdraft rate on the money already taken from the Account holder.
(Just kidding)  Grin
2Senile
Grafter

Sorry to come back to this but ... 
provisionally booked the appointment for 30/05/2014

I did request to be updated, via e-mail, & had been eagerly awaiting info that the appointment/order was upgraded from provisional.
At my age it's likely too late to stop being niave & ASS-uming the best but after a lifetime of experience I think I'd better make an effort. Maybe less disapointments for me.  Wink Grin
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 2Senile,
Sorry for any confusion caused by this. The appointment is provisional until we receive confirmation from our suppliers (usually takes up to 24 hours). Your appointment is now confirmed for 30/05/2014 between 1PM and 6PM.
2Senile
Grafter

Thanks.
BTW, are you (or the responsible team) aware that I'm getting 2 (duplicate) e-mails, everytime, from PN with updates/info?
Another BTW, in Members Centre it's still showing me
This will happen on 14/05/2014
Not moaning or anything, just thinking PN might consider these minor blips presenting a less than professional image to the customer.  Smiley