cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"PN IP Profile" in Member Centre???

Apprentice
Grafter

"PN IP Profile" in Member Centre???

Where about can I find it if it's still available to view?
MC link .......
11 REPLIES 11
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: "PN IP Profile" in Member Centre???

This what you're after?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks Bob,
Yes and No  Smiley
Where does the Current line speed: 7.15 Mb come from does it refer to the up to ?Mb of the BB product for my 20CN exchange, as it's not possible for the router to hold sync or even sync at 7.15Mb with the exchange so so far away  Smiley
I thought that PN had a copy of the current IP Profile from BT (via delta reports?) and that is was possible to see the PN profile which could then be compared to the BTw profile obtained from completing  a BT Wholesale Broadband Performance T
est?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The Plusnet profile somehow ending up at 7.15 is (or was) just a another twist on the incredibly difficult task of passing a number from one system to another.
Grezzer36
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Because of a long line my profile varies between 2 - 2.4mb. However since early Aug PN profile in member centre been showing as 7.15mb (would be mega if had been true). It never changes after re-sync etc.Current BT profile currently a normal 2.2mb. In Aug I did see some reference made to this problem on forum by PN with a fault ref but was unable find precise reason this mis profiling. Think it was only affecting lines with low speeds like mine. As everything seems to have been running fine I haven't bothered to raise the issue.
ejs
Aspiring Hero

The Plusnet profile being too high might give you slightly more bandwidth (maybe 5%) but also results in Plusnet's traffic prioritisation not working, so activities like VoIP or gaming might be worse, especially if trying to do them at the same time as other things.
Apprentice
Grafter

Interesting threads I can see the topic been well discussed, I thought I understood the PN IP Profile with regard to BTw's IP Profiling and that PN's was available to view in the member centre but now I'm not so sure, maybe it's borked with regard to slow 20CN connections  Tongue  Smiley
Edit > getting 98.8% throughput speed of the BTw IP profile can't be all that bad.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

If you do a lot of multi-tasking over your broadband connection and thereby sometimes exceed its maximum capacity then having the correct Plusnet IP Profile will help you get priority for the type of traffic that needs it.  If you do not do multi-tasking then the Plusnet IP Profile is actually a bit of a hindrance and so if it is accidentally stuck too high you should think yourself luck and keep schtum.   
Apprentice
Grafter

OK will do as I see what you mean!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

On 20CN connections Plusnet initially set Current line speed to 7.15Mbps (the maximum possible) until a delta report giving the correct value is received from BT.
David
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks for the explanation spraxyt.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Easy enough to correct the profile at this side but based on what you've both posted I'm guessing I needn't bother? Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵